***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Gov...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Government Security Clearance to be considered for this position ***
***Must be located in the Sacramento area and be on customer site 4-5 days a week***
What You'll Do
The Services Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Routing/Switching Networking technologies Solutions Services to Cisco's SLED (State Local and Education) Customers in the US Public Sector market. Responsible for the delivery of Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco's major accounts. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Customer Experience SCEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. SCE's work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services; provide insight to the customer's buying strategy and initiatives.
Customer Experience SCEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, SCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. SCEs will provide backup support on other Professional Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to an SCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other SCEs will be required. SCEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. SCEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. SCEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, Enterprise network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices for Cisco Services adoption.
- Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities
- Assist in the development of network implementation planning
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cut over activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and CX wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and Services deliverables are met.
Technical Leader's primary role is positioning, architecture and delivering service solutions around Cisco's technologies and integrating them into the customer's overall network and data center architecture and design:
- Experience leading Enterprise Networking and Data Center Switching Design and Implementation Engagements
- Experience with Firewall Design and Integration
- Expert level knowledge in Data Center Switching, Computing, Storage architecture
- Experience with Nexus 9K/VXLAN, other Nexus platforms, VMware and server virtualization
- Demonstrated leadership of large complex projects
- Strong Routing & Switching skills.
- Experience with other Software Defined Networking technologies (SD-A, SD-WAN, ACI)
- Experience with Security technologies such as ISE and Stealthwatch are a plus
Who You'll Work With
Other Cisco engineers, Project Managers and Local CX Delivery team to provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer requirements while improving profitability for USPS Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams.
The CX Delivery Account-Based Lead Team is a team of engineering leaders who focus on providing leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers' demands to deploy and support Cisco's latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
Who You Are
- You have BS or equivalent plus 5-7 years of relevant experience
- You have demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams
- You are familiar with Cisco Routing/Switching Platforms and can clearly explain concepts around Cisco Networking Technologies
- You have a strong understanding and experience with Large Enterprise Campus networking (L2/L3)
- You have in-depth knowledge of baseline system engineering skills and in-depth knowledge in WAN, MPLS, WLAN and IPv6
- You have a good understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the LAN, WAN, Data Center and related security technologies
- You have experience with designing and optimizing complex network solutions
- You are an expert on Cisco software features and functionality
- You have a comprehensive understanding of all IP routing protocols
- You know Cisco Enterprise Management such as Prime Infrastructure Assurance, DCNM, or other Enterprise Management tools
- CCIE or CCNP in Routing/Switching, Service Provider, and/or Security certifications
- CCDE or CCDP certification a plus
- You are willing to travel around 20-30%
- You are located in the Sacramento area and willing to come onsite 4-5 days a week to work with various customers
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco's network migration services.
- A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco's solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice