***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Gov...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Government Security Clearance to be considered for this position ***
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal customers!
We are seeking a Security Consulting Engineer who will provide security consulting services to customers in the US Public Sector Civilian market. The Security Consulting Engineer is responsible for the support and delivery of Security Design / Configuration Reviews, and Cisco Security Product Implementations.
Who You'll Work with
The CX Americas, US Public Sector services team involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their security of the network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms not be venerable of network up time and reliability. The qualified Consulting Engineer Services engineer will be able to have an impact to many Federal Government customers and help them transform to meet their mission.
Who You Are
Must have Skills:
- Minimum of 4-5 years' experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience)
- Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
- Shape services engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex security solutions
- Experienced with implementing security solutions
- Ability to conduct training and one to one mentoring concerning security technology
- Have the ability to influence and lead system level consulting expertise to design consultants, sales and deployment teams for strategic / complex large customers
- Be capable to provide high level crisis management through anticipation of issues, problems or events and actively resolving them with the customer and partners.
- Have significant experience within a security architecture or design role having end to end responsibility
- Have the capacity to see and articulate a vision that inspires change
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits
- Must be able to travel 25%
- Candidate must be located in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia or Maryland area
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security preferred
- One (1) or more of the following industry certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC, NSA IAM
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice