***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Top-Se...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Top-Secret DOD Clearance***
***Must be located within commuting distance of Crystal City, Washington DC, and surrounding vicinity to support onsite activities 3-4 days a week***
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal customers!
We are seeking a Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer experienced supporting Cisco's core Route- Switch technologies in a complex enterprise organization, and motivated to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their aggressive transformation agendas. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. A seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team making us trusted advisors capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our customers.
As a Services Consulting Engineer who specializes in Route-Switch solutions, you will support our customers development of complex designs, assist with the implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies, and provide optimization services to one Cisco's largest customers in the United States.
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Network Optimization and Security and services to Cisco's DoD Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions.
Customer Experience CEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. CEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
CE's work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services; provide insight to the customer's buying strategy and initiatives.
Customer Experience CEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives.
On a quarterly basis, CEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. CEs provide backup support on other Customer Experience accounts.
CEs demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
CEs actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
CEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is comprised of engineers across Cisco technologies, most with one or multiple CCIE certifications. These team members design, architect and support work on critical Federal-owned networks with leading edge Cisco tools and solutions. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We have a very strong focus on continuous development and training into new technologies that keeps us in the leading position as one of the strongest network and datacenter consulting teams in the industry. As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks to collaborate on a variety of high-profile projects. You will work on network and Data Center infrastructures to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
- Our minimum qualifications are the following:
- 7+ years relevant experience in network engineering
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), or Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE), or equivalent skills. (Routing/Switching)
- Routing, switching, and core networking technology expertise
- Ability to analyze networking services requirements
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex routing and switching networks
- Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality
- Experience with configuring routing and switching devices
- Comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
- Ability to conduct training and one-to-one mentoring concerning routing and switching technology
- Be experienced delivering Cisco standard methodologies in the customer's operational and strategic environment
- Be able to demonstrate ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, customer and partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex routing and switching network problems
- Leverage strong communication, consulting and customer relationship skills to quickly create productive collaborations
- You have the ability to simplify analysis and present results clearly at all levels of the business - including at senior management team level
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communications skills, and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits
- Must be located within commuting distance of Crystal City, Washington DC, and surrounding vicinity to support onsite activities 3-4 days a week.
- The candidate must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice