***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Gov...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and eligible for U.S. Government Security Clearance to be considered for this position and Tax-History Check***
* **Must be within daily driving distance on site 5 days a week in New Carrollton, Maryland.***
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal customers!
We are seeking a Services Consulting Engineer experienced supporting Cisco Data Center technologies in a complex enterprise organization, and motivated to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their aggressive transformation agendas. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. A seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team making us trusted advisors capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our customers.
As a Services Consulting Engineer who specializes in Cisco Data Center and Security solutions, you will support our customers development of complex designs, assist with the implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies, and provide optimization services to one Cisco's largest customers in the United States.
Specific duties include:
Who You'll Work With
- Serve as subject matter expert in the deployment, evolution, and integration of DNA Center into the IRS environment for the Network Management Control Center
- Support Multi-Site ACI infrastructure across Federal Data Centers
- Support integration of Legacy Data Center Infrastructure with ACI and migration of legacy workloads into ACI
- Support planning for future ACI integration into the Cloud
- Support the planning for ACI APIC provisioning of IP-SGT mappings in ISE
- Support the planning and implementation of ACI automation
- Provide whitelist policy framework and guidance for policy enforcement, including micro-segmentation
Our team is comprised of engineers across Cisco technologies, most with one or multiple CCIE certifications. These team members design, architect and support work on critical Federal-owned networks with leading edge Cisco tools and solutions. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We have a very strong focus on continuous development and training into new technologies that keeps us in the leading position as one of the strongest network and datacenter consulting teams in the industry. As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks to collaborate on a variety of high-profile projects. You will work on network and Data Center infrastructures to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.Who You Are
- You will have 5+ years of experience as a network engineer supporting Cisco technologies and should have a deep understanding of data and voice networks, significant expertise with Cisco's data center and security technologies, primarily Nexus 9K. Tetration, ACI, ISE and StealthWatch are a plus
- Design and deployment experience is desired as is a CCIE in Data Center, Route/Switch, and/or Security.
- The primary work location is the customer site, but you must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to Cisco and/or Customer locations across the CONUS.
- Be experienced delivering Cisco standard methodologies in the customer's Data Center environment.
- Have the skills required to design, build and deploy Cisco solutions
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex data center and network problems.
- Have significant experience within an Architecture or Design role having end to end responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently.
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits.
- Military Veterans who meet these requirements are encouraged to apply.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice