***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Secret...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance at a minimum to be considered for this position ***
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Data Center, Security Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex solutions. Customer Experience CEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. CEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
Customer Experience CEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, CEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. CEs will provide backup support on other Customer Experience accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers.
In addition to an CEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other CEs will be required. CEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer-based project initiatives. CEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. CEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objective Included:
Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking, data center, security, or collaboration problems
Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
You will work with the Virtual Teams
Provides ad hoc systems/product training
Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer work
May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments
Who You'll Work With
You will work with multiple customers across the US Public Sector market helping to design, implement and optimize wireless solutions to support their business outcomes or mission requirements.
The Public Sector Customer Experience involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission.
You'll be working with a team of high performing engineers and architects developing and deploying leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
- CCIE-Data Center or equivalent expertise/experience with Data Center technologies
- 3-5 years relevant experience in enterprise network engineering
- A deep understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the CAN, WAN, ACI datacenter and related security technologies.
- Data Center Analytics: have a clear understanding of Cisco Tetration, leveraging knowledge of the hybrid-cloud platform to provide holistic workload protection in the Data Center. Implementation experience preferred.
- Technical expertise: routing protocols, security systems, virtualization (networks and servers), tunneling techniques (GRE, IPsec, and MPLS), IPv6, Quality of Service, IP multicast, NAT
- Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization
- Basic Cisco product knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others
- Willingness to challenge institutionalized thought and provide new insights/ideas
- Ability to operate effectively far outside one's comfort zone.
- Travel is required, the target average is 35%, but may surge based on customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Administration, IT Security, etc.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice