***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Secret...
***Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and hold a current Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance at a minimum to be considered for this position ***
What You'll Do
Cisco's Public Sector organization seeks a senior technical resource to join a team of extremely talented professionals supporting strategic accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology.
Who You'll Work With
- Provides exceptional troubleshooting and consultative methodologies to independently solve problems in broad, complex & unique networks with mixed media & protocols as well as advising on design and implementation of these complex networks on site with customer
- Expert level proficiency and associated experience supporting Cisco network products and protocols as well as command of execution best practices - (R&S, Data Center, and Security)
- Dedicated network architecture SME supporting unique customized customer environment; Technical POC for problem management and escalated issue resolution; management of customized solution lab environment. Ability to drive recreates in order to identify customer problem in order to isolate and resolve issues
- Provide operational support on VMWare platform including vCenter, ESXi servers, server consolidation, Virtual Desktops (VMWare VDI Solutions)
- Windows and Linux System Administration experience such as working knowledge of Active Directory
- Validate and implementation support of newly introduced services and network expansion; planning, documenting, executing scheduled Change Management tasks
- Provide support to internal and external customers during critical service related issues acting as the lead Cisco point of Contact. Has ability and knowledge of Cisco escalation resources and can effectively collaborate with them
- Ability to get to an understanding of customer expectations and manage or set proper expectations
- Senior engineering resource aligned to 24/7 team supporting customer mission critical environments
The Managed Services Organization supports Cisco's Public Sector customers from our facility in RTP, NC. You will be joining a team that focuses on 24/7 remote managed services that meet the unique requirements of this targeted customer set. You will have the opportunity to directly support unique solutions to meet these unique requirements. The ideal candidate will be flexible to a dynamic environment while helping our customers transform to meet their mission needs. Who You Are
- 7+ years' experience applying subject matter expertise while supporting and troubleshooting applications and networks within large enterprise environments
- Sole Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship with active Secret or above US Government Security Clearance
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Expert level Cisco and or equivalent Industry Certification obtained (CCIE, JNCIE, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Experience in a customer facing support role
- Fluent English speaker/writer
- Direct experience with Managed Services industry including in-depth understanding of strategic and tactical components
- Excellent working relationships with other customer service organizations within Cisco and with appropriate business units
- Executive level communications, tailored to unique situations
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
dicesvs - provided by Dice