What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better b...
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The AMD Product Security Office (PSO) is seeking experienced Cryptography Systems Architects.
Can you look at an oscilloscope trace and identify which crypto algorithm executed? If so, we are looking for you. The Cryptography Engineering Team is embedded within AMD's Product Security Office. The team's mission is to ensure that the AMD platforms provide state of the art cryptographic solutions to provide the ultimate protection of our user's data. We want to enhance our team with individuals that are passionate about cryptography and privacy, as we continuously sharpen our product roadmap. You will be an integral part of defining our products, including the evolution of confidential cloud compute platforms.
A successful candidate has deep understanding of cryptographic algorithms and is able to articulate tradeoffs between hardware and software implementations, and even assess impact of attack countermeasures.
The role entails evaluating our current cryptographic implementations, DPA/DFA countermeasure evaluations and designs.
You must be passionate about all aspects of cryptography including cryptoanalysis, mathematical proofs and attack mitigations. You will work across the company to ensure that our products provide state of the art confidentiality. You will work closely with our Product Management team to ensure our Cryptography product roadmap is compelling for all of our customers, across all of our product lines. You are expected to have excellent communication skills as you will be expected to convey complex cryptographic concepts to various fields within both internal and external partners. A deep understanding of crypto primitives and tradeoffs between hardware and software implementation is crucial.
* Define HW Crypto Security requirements with considering crypto agility concepts
* Work with Product management do solidify the Cryptography product roadmap
* Develop System Architecture Specifications.
* Participate in pre-silicon cryptographic hardware design, side channel analysis and fault injection techniques, preparation of materials for certification, and silicon IP hardening.
* Work with other architects, designers, and verification teams to contribute and review relevant specifications and designs.
* Prototype and evaluate algorithms and architecture using C/C++ based architectural models.
* Cryptographic Computing Research and Applications, developing and utilizing novel lightweight, scalable ciphers and building SW/HW prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of concepts and technical solutions
* Familiarity with the application of privacy-preserving cryptographic techniques to applications domains.
* Familiarity with post-quantum cryptographic methods.
* Experience with FIPS and/or Common Criteria certification pertaining to embedded crypto components.
* Experience with blockchain systems
* FIPS 140-2/3 certification experience
* Common Criteria silicon certification experience
* Familiarity with Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) and hardware/software co-design of cryptographic algorithms
* Understanding of Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure
* Understanding of micro-architecture and RTL design of cryptographic IP blocks
* Good coding skills and familiarity with languages such as C/C++, Python, Assembly etc.;
* Theoretical knowledge of common power side channel and fault injection attacks (e.g. SPA, DPA, etc.).
MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics
Requisition Number: 101261
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click