O(1) Labs is a blockchain technology company that has successfully incubated the Mina Protocol. The company is now l...
O(1) Labs is a blockchain technology company that has successfully incubated the Mina Protocol. The company is now looking to start the next stage of its journey as the world's premier zk-SNARK application developer. We are looking for an experienced Cryptography Engineer.
Embedded within O(1) Labs' Engineering organization, the Cryptography team's mission is to deliver world-class cryptographic solutions. We are looking for a motivated Cryptography Engineer with a strong software background, capable of designing and implementing cryptographic protocols. As part of the team, you'll be responsible for the design, review, and implementation of innovative cryptographic solutions for a wide range of applications. You will join a team that provides the cryptographic foundations protecting user data and valuable assets.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in an innovative environment - have a real impact on O(1) Labs features and products
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders, from Engineering, Product, Marketing, etc.
- You will have the chance to craft solutions and develop software for millions of users around the world.
- You'll be part of a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything we do.
- You'll be surrounded by the most creative, passionate, and talented engineers in the industry, constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use.
- Passion for creating effective and pragmatic cryptographic schemes
- Understanding of fundamental cryptographic algorithms and underlying mathematics, such as finite field arithmetic
- Experience implementing high-performance cryptographic protocols in languages like Rust, OCaml, or C/C++
- An ability to delivery solid work on tight schedules and with the utmost professionalism
- Great written and verbal communication, and a passion for teammate and collaboration with other engineering, marketing, and support teams to provide the best security solutions
- Experience implementing zk-SNARK circuits or proof systems
- Knowledge of the state of the art in zk-SNARK systems
- Experience with blockchain-based systems
Benefits of working at O(1)Labs:
- O(1) Labs is on a mission using cryptography and cryptocurrency to build computing systems that put people back in control of their digital lives that is open, secure, and inclusive.
- We believe in self-care. We commonly move meetings for colleagues' personal obligations. Your life comes first.
- Flexible work arrangements - live where you want and work remotely.
- Code review and testing are concrete parts of our development culture.
- Everything we do is open-source.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.