Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed ...
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Transaction Margin ("TM") Accounting team plays a pivotal role in supporting PayPal's activity, ensuring that we can consolidate and ultimately integrate our business units in an efficient, well controlled manner. Given PayPal's creation of its Blockchain, Crypto and Digital Currency (BCDC) business unit, the TM Accounting team has an exciting opportunity to help develop and build a scalable accounting infrastructure in support of PayPal's BCDC product offerings. This high visibility role requires an understanding of US GAAP principles, accounting operations, regulatory reporting and internal controls.
Job responsibilities include:
* Planning, directing and coordinating all BCDC product accounting functions, including process design and implementation
* Proactively engage with a cross-functional stakeholder team for new BCDC product launches across key stakeholders within Finance (PMO teams, Accounting Policy, Tax, Corporate Controllership, Financial Operations, International Controllership, Finance Systems Team, etc.) while serving as a Subject Matter Expert for the Accounting function
* Design business and accounting processes to improve/strengthen internal controls and track remediation of any control deficiencies
* Serving as a primary point of contact to external financial statement auditors for all BCDC activities
* Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business unit results
* Coordinating and preparing internal financial reporting, any standalone external financial statements and any required regulatory reporting, as well as supporting PayPal's consolidated financial reporting
* Support the Business in new product implementations from an accounting and control perspective
* Support the Finance team in a variety of ad hoc projects and tasks
An ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills/experience:
* 5-8 years of experience with a global technology or finance services organization
* Initiative, drive and self-starter mindset
* Thrives in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
* Accustomed to working autonomously
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill and communicate accounting concepts between cross-functional teams within the organization
* Excellent organizational skills with a proven track record to manage multiple tasks to completion
* Ability to work cooperatively within a team & proactively manage own schedule
* Extensive use of SAP & SAP BW and expert Excel and PowerPoint an advantage
* Detail oriented, customer-focused, and have a reputation for getting things done. Moreover, you love operating in a dynamic and demanding environment, think critically, act quickly, and partner naturally. Good judgment and team building skills are coveted.
* Ability to influence where you do not have direct authority through strong interpersonal skills
* Big 4 experience a plus
* CPA preferred
* Comfortable working with diverse teams in multiple locations
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .