Our client is a broker-dealer specializing in cryptocurrency located in New York, New York...
Our client is a broker-dealer specializing in cryptocurrency located in New York, New York.
The Controller will be responsible for all accounting needs and financial reporting requirements for the broker-dealer. The Controller is a very hands-on role. He or she will be responsible for leading and overseeing all accounting matters, with an emphasis on financial reporting, controls and accounting processes, accounting and reporting. He or she will be expected to perform a wide range of tasks from the highly sophisticated to the purely administrative. He or she will function as a "quarterback" to integrate all financial and accounting of the firm and to provide advice and solutions and present information to facilitate decision-making. The Controller will act as a liaison with outside tax and accounting firms .
A summary of the key responsibilities of the position includes:
- Establish and oversee accounting systems , processes and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the firms financial function, as well as appropriate controls, checks and balances so that all accounting records are acurate;
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting requirements of the Family Office, including cash management, account disbursements, entity investment allocations , investment instrument documentation and safekeeping to ensure that all reporting is accurate and timely and that internal controls over investment processes are adequate and functioning as designed;
- Primary responsibility for review and preparation of all financial reports, including cash flow projections, financial statements, annual budgets, monthly bank reconciliation, etc.;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records for all financial transactions, including inflows, outflows, budgets, investments, receivables, payables, purchase contracts, insurance, and investment entities;
- Monitor existing internal controls and work with outside accounting firms to conduct periodic risk assessments. Set up new policies and procedures as appropriate;
- Maintain a high performance, collaborative team environment that produces high quality performance.
The ideal background will include:
- Series 27 (Mandatory)
- At least 10 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and relevant industry with an emphasis on accounting, financial management and financial reporting
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Knowledgeable about investments, with an interest in cryptocurrency
- Strong financial, management, accounting and financial reporting expertise
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient with the ability to effectively prioritize a vast array ofsks ;
- Proactive, motivated, results oriented individual with a hands-on mentality;