We're looking to find a Controller to join with 80 colleagues (up from 10 a year ago) to rapidly scale a Blockchain startup that has receive...
We're looking to find a Controller to join with 80 colleagues (up from 10 a year ago) to rapidly scale a Blockchain startup that has received a huge funding boost after proving its product's commercial value over the past year.
The business uses blockchain technology to give a social platform the ability to record, buy and sell non-fungible tokens/NFT and whilst the industry is in its infantile stage, this group of cryptographers, developers, and engineers are setting the bar for the future of using blockchain to sell art. You would be joining a team consisting of an experienced hyper-growth CFO, superb VP Finance and AP Manager to help them add a resolute and scalable accounting function with a focus on robust accounting processes, accurate and on-time financial reporting, and catching the accounting & finance function up with the rocket-ship growth of the business itself.
Given the speed at which the business is growing it's vital that applicants have a very specific background, to help them to hit the ground running. This background is a CPA with Public Accounting/Assurance who has then moved into a private, tech business. There's always flexibility on this for the right candidate; some areas that would add value are knowledge or demonstrable interest in blockchain or cryptography, rapid scaling experience within a tech business.
- 7+ years of combined experience across both public accounting and high growth tech
- In-depth knowledge of USGAAP, IFRS, and accounting theory required
- Experience with improving general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and consolidations
- CPA required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment required
- An affinity for using systems to reduce manual reporting, great excel is mandatory and NetSuite experience is desirable
- Big 4 experience a plus
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.