Multicoin Capital is a thesis-driven investment firm that invests in cryptocurrencies, tokens and blockchain companies. We ...
Multicoin Capital is a thesis-driven investment firm that invests in cryptocurrencies, tokens and blockchain companies. We manage a public hedge fund and private venture funds.
We're seeking a Controller to join our finance team. The Controller will work closely with the firm's CFO and Managing Partners to manage the internal and external operations of a growing asset manager, including fund administration, portfolio operations, audit and tax, investor relations, compliance, and internal accounting.
- Position: Controller
- Start date: Immediate
- Location: Austin, TX
About Multicoin Capital
Multicoin Capital is a thesis-driven crypto fund investing in private and publicly-traded assets, including tokens and the equity of blockchain and crypto-related companies. The firm was founded in May 2017 and manages assets across multiple US and Cayman Islands-based public and private funds. The firm's investors are comprised of some of the world's best endowments, venture funds, fund-of-funds, family offices and individuals. The firm currently has 13 full-time employees and is based in Austin, Texas with a presence in New York and Los Angeles.
- Fund administration: work closely with our fund administrator to oversee three statement monthly investor account reporting
- Portfolio operations: manage counterparties, bank and custody accounts, wires, trade reconciliation and tracking
- Audit and tax: oversee fund and company year-end audits and tax with our auditor, KPMG
- Investor relations: manage investor onboarding and subscription documentation, aid in new investor diligence and address ongoing investor communications related to financials
- Compliance and internal accounting: maintain books and records for management company, manage payroll, invoices and expenses, and support CFO in firm compliance and legal
- Work experience in finance and accounting in either 1) hedge funds or private equity funds, or 2) fund administration. We will also consider exceptional candidates who work in corporate finance at fast-growing, venture-backed companies, or at any of the Big Four public audit and tax firms.
- Prior experience in crypto is preferred but not necessary. Must have a willingness to continually learn about new technologies.
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related fields
- Salary: Base of $100k-$150k, depending on experience
- Bonuses: Profit share and spot performance bonus
- Relocation: Relocation expenses if necessary
- Healthcare benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Retirement Planning: 401(k)
- Investment: Opportunity to invest in Multicoin Capital's funds without paying fees
When applying, please include a resume (PDF), to with the subject line: "Controller Job Applicant 2019."