The founder and CEO of a young, fast-growing company in a segment of the FinTech industry is looking for an experienced financial controller...
The founder and CEO of a young, fast-growing company in a segment of the FinTech industry is looking for an experienced financial controller to oversee all aspects of its financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. ?Responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Directly supervises employees within the accounting department.
- Such as interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- Oversees accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- Monitors receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
- Completes month-end and year-end close timely and with accuracy.
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and presents financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Directs budget preparation, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements.
Additional Responsibilities -
- Prepares taxes for the state and local municipalities on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Coordinates annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance.
- General knowledge of cryptocurrency.
- Six to eight years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and the scientific method.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.?
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft office products.
Aside from and in addition to the?QUALIFICATIONS
?listed below, the right person for this Controller position will likely be someone who is:
- further along career-wise vs earlier; patient, confident and mature
- comfortable in small office setting and enjoys developing and managing a small (1-2 people) team
- used to taking initiative and ownership, and working with limited direction
- comfortable where they are from a career and financial perspective (not looking to climb the ladder) but also interested in an opportunity to help a uniquely positioned FinTech company grow and participate in its success.