WP BrandStudio, the in-house creative agency of The Washington Post, produces enriching, engaging and compelling custom content programs for...
WP BrandStudio, the in-house creative agency of The Washington Post, produces enriching, engaging and compelling custom content programs for major brands, according to the standards of journalistic excellence that Washington Post readers demand. As part of this team, the Creative Strategist will specialize in ideating content and platform concepts that span narrative writing, video, podcasts/audio, and even augmented reality. While this is primarily a pre-sales role, the Creative Strategist will occasionally contribute to post-sale executions and other writing needs. In addition, this role will help manage overall RFP workflow, deadlines and delivery.
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Production and Design team to assess program objectives, brainstorm ideas and conduct research as necessary to lay out clear, concise, compelling, 360-degree content strategy plans that align with client goals
- Work entails Ideation for renowned brands creating engaging content for an influential general interest readership. Ideas may be needed for a media company one day, and auto manufacturer the next.
- Leverage campaign performance data and industry and audience insights to create strategic recommendations that will deliver on KPIs such as brand perception, lift and engagement
- Communicate concepts, ideas and rationale with clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- Create sharp, intelligent long- and short-form copy for RFP response decks including headlines, program titles and social media promotion
- Manage proposal deadlines and deliverables to meet strict schedule requirements
- Track success of sponsored content programs, topics and formats, compile statistics and provide recommendations for future programs
- Stay abreast of content marketing and native advertising trends in order to follow-and transcend-sponsored content best practices
- Well-versed in the voice and award-winning journalistic approach of The Washington Post and capable of getting into a proposal deck
- Stellar oral and written presentation skills
- Strong agency or publisher studio background. We have a lot of great journalist storytellers here, but we need that journalistic sensibility to be supported by, challenged, and disrupted by a top-notch creative strategist with strong marketing chops.
- You should be a deck whisper with a knack for both visuals and written storytelling. So, you need to have a razor-sharp ability to generate clear, insightful writing and you know how to support it with images that bring it all home.
- Basic Power Point skills won't cut it. We need someone who knows that beautiful, sleek decks help sell through good ideas, so you should also be proficient in Photoshop and Keynote
You should also be an outstanding writer with robust experience in digital, social media, mobile, video and live event platforms, the ability to translate complex technical material into reader-facing language and the flexibility to adjust style and thinking to a variety of formats, templates, brand categories and industry verticals
Wide subject matter expertise is essential -including technology, health care innovation, blockchain, aviation, culture, media, movies and TV. It's a truly mixed bag). The right candidate will be a top-notch generalist up to speed on everything from technology, world news and futurism to pop culture, fine dining and travel. We get RFPs from an wide range of brands that want content that appeals to Washington Post's intelligent general interest readership.
Self-motivated researcher and information-seeker with a love of interactive and immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colorful details
Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
We move super fast and need someone who can keep up, without losing sight of the small, detailed oriented tasks that keep process running smoothly
You should also have very thick skin, never lose your cool and get along extremely well with other