Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The GBS Strategic Design Team is looking to add Content Designer to its Strategic Partners team. We're a global team of designers who are part of the Strategy, Offerings & Platforms group that serves the IBM consulting group, Global Business Services. Our mission is to leverage research-driven, user-centered practices to transform how IBM works and how we transform our clients' businesses. We're not the team that just makes things pretty. We're the team that tackles some of IBM's largest, most complex problems and helps align stakeholders around high-impact solutions.
In this role, you'll primarily work with the Strategic Partners team to help strengthen our relationships with partners like SAP, Adobe, and Microsoft. Our team is working on a variety of workstreams to accelerate deals, design engagement models, and foster a strong culture in ecosystems and partnerships across IBM. You'll have the opportunity to function as a key member of a multi-disciplinary squad focused on using design thinking and service design practices to create and iterate on a variety of experiences. You'll be responsible for all written content that supports the enablement and activation programs you help design.
* Conceive and execute strategic content consistent with agreed upon strategy.
* Responsible for original concepts that demonstrate clear, concise and convincing writing with grammatical and material accuracy.
* Develop concepts and/or content, producing scripts, concept decks and final copy as required.
* See work through to production/publishing.
* Engage in content development initiatives focused on building employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
* Work with design team to understand research, develop insights, and plot a strategic direction forward to create delightful user experiences.
* Basic HTML/markdown skills and familiarity with Wordpress CMS a plus
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Excellent creative, conceptual, communication and problem-solving skills.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate.
* The ability to articulate alternative approaches.
* Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
* Empathetic and attuned to users' needs, motivations and behaviors.
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
* Must also be able to work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with design leads, content leads, and other designers who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
* Natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguity accompanied by an extreme willingness for continuous learning.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 4+ years of content design, copywriting or technical writing
* Portfolio that displays strong conceptual work