If you're passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to driv...
If you're passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide's Information Technology team could be the place for you!
This is a Mobile Application Developer position and we are seeking a highly-skilled & passionate resource to code, test, and support cross-platform mobile applications in a fast-paced, product & End to End agile development environment. This is a highly-visible mobile first team working on our member-facing mobile applications. Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, self-organizing, have strong critical thinking, innovation, analytical skills and be good at solving complex problems. They will have a good understanding of mobile application design patterns, be knowledgeable of good mobile experience design/UX, and be willing to learn new technologies. They will have a passion for Mobile specific technologies & SDKs. They will be responsible for application coding, unit testing, code reviews, refactoring, debugging, test automation, documenting, and monitoring. Finally, they should have experience building either Android or iOS applications having worked on at least one app that exists in either app store.
* Strong Experience building Mobile apps with Flutter / Dart, having worked on at least one app that exists in either app store
* Strong Mobile Development background building Android or iOS applications
* Digital Transformation experience
* Experience with Data Analytics and AI/ML
* Experience with Mobile SDKs & Technologies (App Clips, Instant Apps, Push Notifications, Mobile Wallet, Firebase, UXcam, etc)
* Experience working on a Mac or Linux
* Experience working in a Product & E2E Agile development environment
* Innovative & creative mindsets
Nice To Have:
* Experience with Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift
* Experience building or working with RESTful APIs
* Experience with SpringBoot applications
* Experience with Docker, Rancher & Kubernetes
* CI/CD pipeline experience with mobile (any tool)
* Passion around Emerging Technologies (VR/AR, Machine Vision, Blockchain, IoT)
Compensation Grade G4.
Job Description Summary
Top-level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of applications programming. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications programming.
1. Designs, develops and implements cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are the most complex in nature. Serves as an expert in applications development and undertakes the most complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
2. Analyzes and validates the most complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems to ensure desirability, practicality, and resource availability and capability. Leads in the design, development and implementation of new programs and/or modification of existing applications. Responsible for the most complex designs, prototypes and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the design, development and implementation of test plans and strategies as well as program specifications with various interfaces.
3. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements the most complex software applications according to standards.
4. Provides top-level expertise in the definition and development of specifications and programming for the most complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
5. Leads all aspects of applications programming and development for multiple, large-scale projects.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions and strategies to the most complex application development problems. Sought as a resource for resolution of the most advanced application development problems and issues.
7. Determines user requirements, leads application design, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress. Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness.
8. Acts as a technical programming consultant for large-scale projects that include multiple product lines and various interfaces. Serves as a top-level technical programming consultant for the most complex applications development projects involving multiple disciplines and impacting multiple business units.
9. Acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is strongly preferred.
Experience: Eight years of experience in programming and systems analysis. Three years of experience in project management is preferred.
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in computer programming language. Must have a thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have a thorough understanding in systems analysis and design techniques. Must have expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques is required.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze the most complex applications and systems. Must be able to program the most complex systems requiring minimal interfaces. Must possess strong problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have strong decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Must have strong project management skills. Must have written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and HR Officer
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Associates may have on-call responsibility after normal working hours and/or on weekends.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Not Applicable
Safety Sensitive (SS): Not Applicable
Job Evaluation Activity: Evaluated: MDK (12-22-03)