Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker s newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for a Computer Vision Lead to define and own the foundation of the Digital Manufacturing platform and design the architecture to scale it globally.
Today s world of Digital Manufacturing (DM) is an exciting and fast-growing space. The DM space is at an inflection point and ripe for disruption. At Stanley X, we see DM as automating the design process from measurement & reality capture, all the way to fabrication; incorporating everything from computer vision/AI, to mixed reality, to blockchain, to IoT, to 3D printing and CNC manufacturing.
Digital Manufacturing is scaling rapidly, last year alone, nearly $XXB in venture capital were invested across YYY+ companies that are in this space. Stanley X is incubating startups to develop new digital products that will streamline productivity and on time/on budget performance of construction and manufacturing. As a part of our team, you will be responsible for helping create and develop strategy, identify opportunities, and craft product go-to-market execution plans involving the DM ecosystem of cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the way manufacturing is done in the world around us. You will be reporting directly to our Head of Digital Manufacturing, working with our internal cross-functional teams. You will drive new opportunities for the Digital Manufacturing vertical in exploring new concepts, validating product-market fit, defining requirements and developing the roadmap. You will help in defining the problem, develop business models, go-to-market plan, and own the project end-to-end while working across strategy, engineering, design, and the core business. These products may be hardware offerings, software, or services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Training ML models to approximate distance within images
- Using phone based LiDAR as ground truth annotation for training sets
- Creating and managing kubernetes clusters of cloud based CV products
- Creating mobile and cloud based CNNs for object classification
- Designing, engineering, and managing our system architecture and data strategy
- Managing the annotation of datasets via external vendors
- Selecting and managing external vendors and dev teams to support our projects
- Strong collaboration skills to work with our internal engineering team to create new products
- 4-6 years working on deployed CV projects
- Strong Python, C++, Objective C and/or Swift, Pytorch, and java script coding proficiency
- Experience with Detectron 2, TensorFlow & TensorFlow3D, AlexNet, MXnet, kubernetes and other ML frameworks
- Experience with React, Node.js, and/or MongoDB
- Experience deploying CV models on a mobile device (iOS preferred)
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc)
- Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management and organization
- Experience building web apps, APIs, and SDKs
- Experience Testing, diagnosing, and fixing bugs
- Unity/Unreal experience or 3D content creation experience (Blender, Maya, Houdini, Rhino, etc)
- 3D content experience, dealing with point clouds, 3D meshes, shaders, rendering pipelines, and procedural content generation
Why work with us Solve massive problems for customers
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis. Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly into the CEO and operates autonomously within the company. This role will report to the head of the group and work closely across other teams. Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems. #LI-KB1 #LI-Remote
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.