What you do at AMD changes everything At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better b...
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Commercial BIOS Architect
AMD's next generation Ryzen continues to grab the attention of customers globally. Our road map and execution drives increased interest from commercial customers who are developing new and exciting products based on AMD technologies. With the increased interest in bringing partner platforms to market, our organization is growing. As a BIOS Architect in our team you will bridge our commercial customers unique requirements and priorities with our internal engineering efforts and a dedicated team of engineers responsible to improve the integration of our technologies and their product design. Apply your expertise with PC architecture, including firmware, software, components, industry standards, regulations, security and other industry trends to transform engineering prototypes into viable commercial products for our partners.
An experienced PC-industry engineer with examples of previous work designing x86 systems. An effective communicator and influencer among technical people -- from junior engineers to executives -- both internal and customer facing teams. Crafts comprehensive high level plans of the operation of complex PC systems. Jumps in to build proofs of concepts that demonstrate solutions.
* Identify areas of work regarding modifications, new features or accommodations in existing BIOS code required to fulfill the needs of our partners developing designs for the commercial market.
* Develop an implementation plan which allows the team implement improvements in phases based on the maturity of the platform and the technical capabilities needed for each development phase.
* Lead efforts detailing and clarifying platform requirements with partners and technical groups involved in the platform development process.
* Develop architecture diagrams and specifications which describe the operation and state of the system under multiple scenarios.
* Develop and deliver training to AMD partners around the world demonstrating how to adapt firmware of engineering prototypes to customer proof of concepts.
* Self sufficient and participate in hands-on debugging sessions and platform power-up efforts in customer sites worldwide. Resourceful with debug equipment like oscilloscopes, debuggers and protocol analyzers.
* Proven industry experience in the design of x86 based platforms
* Windows Driver development experience, inf files, digital signatures, windbg
* Expert level knowledge of UEFI, Coreboot, u-boot and other bootloader technologies
* TPM, TrustZone and other security enclaves that provide hardware based root of trust to the platform
* Experience with security related topics like security certificates, encryption and blockchain
* Microcontroller firmware development (Cortex-M)
* Deep working knowledge of PC architecture buses like PCIe, USB, I2C and others
* Practical use of board schematics and board block diagrams.
* ACPI, thermal and power design
* Demonstrated proficiency in operating system internals that demonstrate the interface of system firmware and operating systems
* Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree
Austin, Texas - Greater Austin metro area, Texas
Requisition Number: 108041
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click