The key objectives of the Collaboration Engineer are to understand and implement the technical requirements of Collaboration projects, which...
The key objectives of the Collaboration Engineer are to understand and implement the technical requirements of Collaboration projects, which include VoIP, Video, Presence, Customer Contact and Collaborative Applications and basic team management. The Collaboration Engineer is to work with the Collaboration Manage Consultant (Team Lead) to understand how to manage project processes, lifecycle and documentation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and retain manufacturer certifications based on organizational and personal objectives.
- Review the technical architecture provided by the Collaboration Architect and verify its validity. Suggest modifications if believed required.
- Stay current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand to recommend, modify and implement appropriate modifications with advice of the Team Lead.
- Understand the following based on specialty:
- Route/Switch, site surveys, Video Endpoints/Servers, QoS, Unified Communications, Enterprise Content Management, Presence and/or Customer Contact applications
- Participate and promote a well-organized team environment based on the following values:
- Business Comprehension (Professionalism and Certifications)
- Responsible for the ongoing and operational support of the video infrastructure and core unified communication environment.
- Learn the ability to assess the customer environment (technical and political) and escalate if required.
- Participate in the modification and continual improvement of the both the professional services project documentation and the project implementation processes
- Implement the project processes and documentation and mentor the Collaboration Engineers in their responsibility to take ownership of the project implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support integrated technology (e.g. Mobile and Remote Access (MRA), B2B Calling, Jabber, etc.) and maintain accurate records.
- Serve the Customer to Presidio's standards
- Lead and/or support other duties as assigned.
Our Core Values:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry certifications
- CCNA or better strongly preferred (Voice/Collaboration preferred)
- CCNP, highly desired
- MCSE, preferred
- InfoComm CTS-D or Crestron Master, preferred
- TDM/ PBX vendor certifications preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Call center technology, optimizing networks, PBX (Private Branch Exchange) Systems, ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) systems, Layer 2/3 switching, and Routing protocols
- Experience in SIP technology
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in routing protocols:
- BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Ethernet Switching, and multiple layers (1-2 protocols) like Frame Relay, HDLC, or PPP will be helpful
- Experience with QoS and how it relates to VTC
- Must be highly knowledgeable in:
- IP Networking, enterprise voice solutions, VoIP technology, IPSec, TDM Voice, VoIP CPE, soft Switches, Session Border Controllers, and Firewalls
- Expert understanding of SIP, H.323, and Legacy telephony infrastructure
- Strong field experience and knowledge on core technologies is highly desired:
- Cisco Meeting Server (CMS)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
- Cisco Expressway
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
- Understand performance testing methodologies and evaluation techniques
- Must be a strong team player with an exceptional customer service mentality
- Must be able to use, Word, Excel, Visio and Project at a minimum
- Excellent communications and documentation skills
- Must be a
- Must be clearable or hold a Government Clearance. (DoD Secret is preferred)
At Presidio, our core values define our culture. They are our guiding principles and our fundamental beliefs. We are always looking for top talent that can embody the values listed below. TEAMWORK
We foster a collaborative, respectful work environment that brings together our diverse talents and extends to our customer relationships. We believe that when everyone is working together, success follows. EXECUTION EXCELLENCE
We are passionate, practical, responsive and relentless in delivering the right solutions to our customers and partners. INTEGRITY
We are experienced professionals who work to the highest standards of ethics and honesty. FORWARD THINKING
We are visionary in our approach, constantly looking ahead to anticipate what's next. We strive to be leaders in everything we do.ABOUT PRESIDIO Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: . Digital Infrastructure:
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements. Cloud:
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio's IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™, Intel ® and VMware™ Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a "one size fits all" approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle. Security:
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization's risk exposure and remediation path. Emerging Technologies:
Emerging technologies such as IoT, blockchain and artificial intelligence continue to disrupt current business models, and customers are faced with the task of transforming their organizations to achieve desired outcomes. Increased demand for operational efficiencies, better customer experience and improving safety and security has taken priority. This accelerated rate of change is prompting businesses to align their processes, applications and infrastructure to new consumption and service-based models. For our customers, it means enabling a seamless exchange of data within complex ecosystems to help advance digital transformation.
At Presidio Emerging Technologies, we provide solutions for safety and security, mobile and wireless communications..... click apply for full job details