Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, and within hours of five national parks, Overstock.com is a found...
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, and within hours of five national parks, Overstock.com is a founding member of Silicon Slopes, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. Our team loves and believes in the work we do. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team. Overstock is a hidden treasure in the tech industry employing hundreds of technologists.
Overstock's mission is to use, build and find cutting-edge technology that helps connect people with products and services in new and unexpected ways. We strive to inspire people to make their dream homes a reality. Our website offers millions of brand name products at discount prices including bedding, home décor, appliances, watches, jewelry, electronics, sporting goods, clothing and shoes.
- Implement and operate Overstock's Private Cloud platforms
- Develop and integrate with software for using, orchestrating, and operating the Overstock Private Cloud
- Maintain system availability and capacity at acceptable levels
- Understand the many components that make up the Overstock Private Cloud including: compute, network, storage, databases, orchestration, metering and more
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of cloud-related software, components, and technologies
- Integrate Overstock's systems with other private and public clouds
- Assist as needed in the operational support Overstock's production web site
- Assist in the support and training of operational teams who use and who support others in using the Overstock Private Cloud
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
Have familiarity with virtualization concepts, cloud technologies and related software
- Experience in using Openstack and/or other Cloud platforms
- Experience building, operating and supporting highly scalable, highly-availabile systems
- Familarity with networking/routing concepts, load balancers, DNS, and client-server models
- Functional understanding or experience in using several of the following software components:
- Neutron Networking
- Ceph / RedHat Ceph Storage
- Pacemaker / Heartbeat Clustering
- QEMU / KVM Virtualization
- Oracle VM Virtualization
Openstack and related software
System administration and tuning
Databases and SQL
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Must have RedHat Certified System Administrator credential (or similar). Redhat Certified Engineer credential (or similar) preferred. Other useful certification include Openstack from RedHat, Mirantis or similar organization
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers