***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due...
***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.***
What You'll Do
We are the Audio/Video operations team for Cisco WebEx and in this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco WebEx Voice and Video products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with perseverance and a compassionate view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing new value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
Responsibilities include the following:
Who You'll Work For
- Operation support, code, test and deploy Cisco cloud infrastructure services and nodes used to support the development and operations of our cutting-edge Cisco WebEx Teams micro-services by product development teams using Python, Java Puppet, Ansible and Docker containers.
- Performance and scale engineering of Postgres including high availability and multi-site replication.
- Implement automation to perform the day to day systems operations functions of the cloud collaboration platform using open source configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and CICD tools such Jenkins and Github.
- Solve and resolve issues related to the cloud collaboration platform; implement long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
- Participate in on-call rotations with platform team for platform related services.
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
The CCTG Platform & Automation team is a growing distributed dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Who You Are
You are an Engineer passionate about DevOps and creating deployment automation that enable for the automated configuration, management and scalability of Cloud micro-services and infrastructure processes.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows;
We Are Cisco
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 3 years of previous experience as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations, SRE, Services Engineer, Systems Engineer of Software Engineer interested in creating automation software to automate systems processes.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with scripting, with Shell / Python related experience
- Experience with Linux, Windows and other operating systems and common software operations, familiar with Apache, MySQL and open source software.
- Hands-On experience with network and PSTN, VoIP technology, familiar with SIP, VOIP, H.323, RTP/RTCP protocol
- Hands-On with voice codec and network knowledge
- Have a good sense of service, collaboration, strong sense of responsibility, strong ability to resist, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills.
- Need to be good at coding, master one or a few computer program languages. Java , Python or ruby..."
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
- Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Must have previous experience developing or implementing configuration management with either Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
*LI-PC1 - provided by Dice