At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and se...
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Hybrid Cloud Build Team in the IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software division is a team of elite technology consultants that guides Build Partners - Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Global System Integrator (GSI) partners through the cloud transformation that is right for them based on industry trends and emerging
technologies based on Red Hat Open Shift, Cloud Paks, and IBM Cloud. The outcome of this transformation enables Build Partners to realize an unparalleled IBM experience and increased market opportunity. The Hybrid Cloud Build Team guides ISV and GSI partners through strategic, technical, and operational considerations, and test these motions through an MVP and then continue the journey through build-out of Hybrid Cloud environments. This team has become trusted advisors for ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Hybrid Cloud. The Build Team also interfaces with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful business outcomes.
IBM Cloud is an enterprise-grade environment based on leading open source technologies in Hybrid Cloud (Kubernetes), Serverless (Knative), Data (Spark) and AI (AIF360, TensorFlow). IBM Cloud offers a full-stack hybrid multicloud platform that spans public, private, and traditional environments with over 170 products and services covering Data, Serverless, Containers, Red Hat OpenShift, AI, IoT and Blockchain.
As a Hybrid Cloud Build Team Cloud Security specialist, you apply your expertise to guide in the creation of optimized cloud solutions that deliver enterprise-grade security, compliance, and responsiveness to threats - for many of the biggest and most complex ISV and GSI partner applications. You will work with a team of engineers with expertise in industry-leading Cloud platforms and technologies to implement these transformations.
To succeed, you will become a trusted collaborator with ISV and GSI partner developers and architects as they move their technologies and offerings to IBM Cloud. You will have an opportunity to consult and provide guidance to ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Cloud.
This role will interface with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful outcomes. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly evolving agile work environment.
This is an opportunity for you to help IBM and external partners succeed in growing cloud presence.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 8 years of experience in Software development / deployment
* 2 years of experience with designing and implementing cloud security
* Expertise in advising developers and architects on security best practices to cloud applications
* Understanding of security considerations of open source technologies including containers, Kubernetes, and Linux
* Experience with applying security practices to DevOps pipelines, e.g. DevSecOps
* Experience defining processes for managing security vulnerabilities in applications and dependencies
* Experience in at least one of: Professional/lab services, technical sales, support, ISV, or business partner focal
* Successful completion of a delivered customer project as the security and compliance focal
* Comfortable interacting with ISV and/or external customer
* Familiarity with IBM Cloud and Red Hat OpenShift platforms or other public cloud platforms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Expertise with industry-specific compliance frameworks such as: PCI-DSS, HIPPA, FISMA, SOC
* Experience with open source or other security monitoring frameworks such as Nagios
* Experience with identity provider integration, e.g. SAML or equivalents
* CISSP Certification
* Experience with IBM QRadar security intelligence platform
* Experience with IBM Cloud Pak for Security
* Understanding of IBM Garage method
* Experience in security capabilities on Public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google etc.)