Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of produ...
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud ERP Business Strategy & Planning Director
Location: Redwood City, California, US
* The world's #1database is now autonomous, allowing enterprises to innovate at the speed of astartup.
* Oracle is the #1provider of business software, with a broad portfolio of solutions forcompanies of all sizes.
* #1 in Cloud ERP: Oracle ERP Cloud is the leader by 2018 GartnerMagic Quadrant.
Artificial intelligence, blockchain,the Internet of Things, machine learning, and other emerging technologiespermeate every aspect of work and life. These technologies help us reimaginewhat's possible: self-driving cars, personalized medicine, precisionagriculture, and smart cities.
Oracle provides essential elements forcompanies to pioneer innovations and drive new business models. Oracle embedsmachine learning into several management and security offerings to help monitor,troubleshoot, and predict potential outages and security breaches. We enableautomated but personalized interactions across our applications via digitalassistants-and we've integrated AI into analytics to help discover hiddenpatterns.
Oracle helps customers developroadmaps, migrate to the cloud, and take advantage of emerging technologiesfrom any point: new cloud deployments, on-premises environments, and hybridimplementations. Oracle's approach makes it easy for companies to get startedin the cloud and even easier to expand as business grows.
For more information about OracleCorporation, please visit Oracle Corporate Fact Sheet
CLOUDERP BUSINESS STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW:
The Business Strategy and Developmentteam is a high-impact group within cloud ERP development organization, with theexpertise in business strategy, go-to-market, process optimization, operations,finance, and decision analytics. Ourmission is to help Oracle Cloud ERP business grow by driving key business andcustomer strategies.
We are looking for a Cloud ERP strategyand planning professional who can help us scale and build long-range planning capabilityfor one of the world leading Cloud ERP solutions.
WHATYOU WILL BE DOING:
You will help drive strategy and planning transformation by applying cloud-centricbusiness models. You understand the role of "customer first" and"service-centric business model" in a successful cloud business. You are well-versed in the cloud-centric customerjourney and required technical and organizational transformations.
* Youwill be working closely with all internal stakeholders to align long terminvestments that will cross multiple organizations and span multiple years.
* Moreimportantly, you will be the catalyst for our organizational transformation.
You will drive large strategyinitiatives and the planning for cross-functional quarterly business meetings. You have deepexpertise in leading large complex projects. You are laser-focused and results-driven. You work effectively across development,sales, business development, product marketing and customer success toestablish common business goals. Youhelp drive quarterly business meetings to measure and improve health of thebusiness, and work closely with these stakeholders for continuousoptimization.
Youwill synthesize the ERP industry trends and work closely with product GMs tounderstand where market sweet spots are and how Oracle should capture them. You are in tune with the market landscape of yesterday,today and where it is heading tomorrow.
* Youunderstand the ERP industry's evolutions in the last two decades.
* Youare intimately knowledgeable about today's competitive landscape of Cloud andon-premise solution providers, and their strengths, weakness, opportunities andchallenges.
* Moreover,you have the intellectual passion to follow the latest developments that willshape the industry tomorrow (e.g. AI, startups, M&A activities).
You have a long-term strategicmindset, and you are pragmatic about translating strategy to execution.
* Youcan wear the management consultant hat, advising product GMs on latest industryand market trends, product portfolio and organizational optimization, andbuild/buy/partner recommendations.
* Atthe same time, you can put on your COO lens and bring these strategicrecommendations to actionable long-range plans and budget.
Whatare the requirements?
* 7-10 years in corporate strategy & planning, product management, management consulting, investment banking for the technology sector
* Operating experience in product managing in SaaS product and/or ERP product is highly desired
* Familiarity and understanding of SaaS business drivers and problems. Ability to have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions using data to influence outcomes and decisions.
* Broad exposure to SaaS and ERP cloud market landscape, including competitive intelligence, venture investment and M&A activities, and strategic partnerships
* Strong executive presence and ability to develop relationships with executives from engineering to sales and marketing organizations
* Experience in bringing recommendations to development teams and executives supported by data-driven analysis
* Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to share insights in a way that is easy to grasp and actionable. Experience conveying key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms.
* Bachelor's or master's degree in management, business, computer science or other equivalent
* MBA from tier 1 institutions is a plus