Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading s...
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Hybrid Cloud Build Team in the IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software division is a team of elite technology consultants that guides Build Partners - Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Global System Integrator (GSI) partners through the cloud transformation that is right for them based on industry trends and emerging
technologies based on Red Hat Open Shift, Cloud Paks, and IBM Cloud. The outcome of this transformation enables Build Partners to realize an unparalleled IBM experience and increased market opportunity. The Hybrid Cloud Build Team guides ISV and GSI partners through strategic, technical, and operational considerations, and test these motions through an MVP and then continue the journey through build-out of Hybrid Cloud environments. This team has become trusted advisors for ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Hybrid Cloud. The Build Team also interfaces with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful business outcomes.
IBM Cloud is an enterprise-grade environment based on leading open-source technologies in Hybrid Cloud (Kubernetes), Serverless (Knative), Data (Spark) and AI (AIF360, TensorFlow). IBM Cloud offers a full-stack hybrid multicloud platform that spans public, private, and traditional environments with over 170 products and services covering Data, Serverless, Containers, Red Hat OpenShift, AI, IoT and Blockchain.
As a Cloud Developer on the Hybrid Cloud Build Team, you will drive application optimization for cloud deployment by updating traditional application APIs, implementing microservices, developing testing strategies, and interfacing with cloud provider data, events, and devops services - for many of the biggest and most complex ISV and GSI partner applications. You will work with a team of engineers with expertise in industry-leading Cloud platforms and technologies to implement these transformations.
To succeed, you will become a trusted collaborator with ISV and GSI partner developers as they move their technologies and offerings to IBM Cloud. You will have an opportunity to consult and provide guidance to ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Cloud.
This role will interface with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful outcomes. The broader team includes leaders on projects in the Cloud Native Compute Foundation, LF AI Foundation, Node.js and other open-source communities. The Hybrid Cloud Build Team plays a critical role in the expansion of our partner ecosystem for IBM Cloud, collaborating with members of the business unit and other IBM teams.
This is an opportunity for you to help IBM and external partners succeed in growing cloud presence.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 2 years of experience in the area of cloud related development
* Experience implementing, documenting, and consuming REST APIs
* Experience developing unit tests with JUnit, Mocha or equivalents
* Experience with database persistence, SQL, NoSQL, and data caches
* Understanding of event-driven application development using Kafka
* Understanding of cloud native open-source technologies including containers, Kubernetes, service mesh/Istio, OpenTracing
* Experience with automating CI/CD using Jenkins or equivalents
* Experience in developing bash or powerscript shell scripts for automation and continuous integration tasks (e.g. travis ci)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with application management using Helm or Operators
* Experience developing Go-based Operators
* Experience with Red Hat OpenShift
* Understanding of IBM Garage method practices for development or an equivalent methodology
* Experience as a client or ISV developer advocate
* Experience in application modernization/migrating to Public clouds (IBM, AWS, Azure, Google etc.)