IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly vi...
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Garage is an "Innovation and Transformation"consultancy located in the heart of the start-up community. Our design first organization applies IBM Design Thinking and Lean User Experience (UX) techniques to help our clients, large and small, deliver amazing experiences to their customers by helping them identify and build innovative applications on the IBM Cloud. Our fast paced, collaborative, and co-located teams make the IBM Garage the most exciting place to be.
IBM's Cloud Technology is core part of our company's strategy. IBM Cloud is trailblazing new technology platform and services, DevOps, business models, developer outreach, and with the creation of the Garage - a new type of consulting services lab.
Our clients who choose IBM Cloud are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed. The notion of the Garage was born out of the changes on how we work with our customers. This is a distinctively new approach to app development - a 180-degree shift from the way that IBM does client engagements. We are bringing clients into the Garage; where we are using IBM Design Thinking which will lead to a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) definition for the application that will adopt agile practices for developing quality apps rapidly.
As part of an entrepreneurial team, the successful candidate will leverage their deep technical knowledge across technologies, best practices and industries to provide leadership and expertise to architect and design IBM Cloud Solutions that will help our clients drive forward technology benefits and business outcomes. They will work with cutting edge technologies such as Watson, Blockchain, IoT, Big Data, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation to cross-industry enterprise clients with the adoption of IBM Cloud.
* Provide Thought Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing across multiple channels; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
* Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services o help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
* Represent and facilitate IBM Cloud architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
* Upon commencement of engagements, co-lead client workshops with Designers; influencing participants from all levels of our clients' organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the architecture that will support the engagement
* Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future IBM Cloud services and technologies
* Using exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients
* Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
* Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for IBM Cloud
* Mentor/grow leaders for Garages in other cities
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers & Designers, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 5 year experience in a client facing role
* At least 2 years experience in Technical consulting; working with a variety of technology systems, architecting Cloud Application Solutions for clients
* At least 2 years experience in building cloud applications
* At least 4 years experience in Java and other languages
* At least 1 year experience adopting and using new technologies
* English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 1 year experience in architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on IBM Cloud
* At least 1 year experience in migrating or transforming Legacy customer solutions to the cloud
* At least 5 year experience in working within software development
* At least 1 year experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
* At least 1 years experience in Cognitive, Blockchain and/or IOT technologies
* Understanding of pair programming
* Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), cloud, mobile, or open source technologies are a significant plus.