The New Technologies and Application Services team is focused on initiatives that transform Avery Dennison into a highly collaborative, prod...
The New Technologies and Application Services team is focused on initiatives that transform Avery Dennison into a highly collaborative, productive and mobile workforce. We are also responsible for creating an advanced digital presence among our customers and stay connected with them.
In this Technical Lead position, you will partner with other business and IT teams to provide exceptional application services to several business functions. While in charge of the operational effectiveness of cloud technology platforms, applications and processes, you will also be responsible for the following.
- Lead design, development and implementation of cloud based business applications
- Learn and adopt new concepts, technologies and methods, and conduct proof of concepts to demonstrate new capability edge innovations (e.g. AI/ML, Blockchain, RPA, IoT) and develop cutting edge digital solutions.Collaborate with developers, architects, business partners and process owners across business
- Participate in key discussions regarding business requirements, application architecture design, application development and deployment activities for various simple to complex business applications.
- Embed new features and functionality in the existing Google Cloud Platform framework and homegrown IDE for no or low code reuse in new and existing applications/ utilities
- Implement and rollout SDLC and DevOps best practices including software release and configuration management, continuous integration and delivery and position for enterprise adoption
- Manage the overall application runtime environment of Google and other cloud based platforms
- Review code developed by 3rd party providers and certify them for deployment within the company.
- Periodically enhance and upgrade existing processes and applications to fit latest security requirements, address API deprecations, leverage new APIs etc.
- Provide alternate design solution for retiring applications running on legacy technologies such as Lotus Notes
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to developers in the team and in the enterprise
- Providing technical guidance to remote developers throughout the development lifecycle.
- Maintaining strategic relationships with vendors, business partners, and IT teams.
- Consensus building among all stakeholders using negotiation skills to ensure high quality solutions developed in expedited timelines.
Preferred Technical Expertise:
- MVC Frameworks: Spring & Play
- Front End: HTML5, CSS, Material Design, Angular.js, jQuery
- Databases: Cloud SQL, MongoDB, Lotus Notes
- Analytics: Google Analytics
- Cloud Technologies: Google Apps for Work, AWS, Okta, Google Cloud Platform, Akamai
- Query Languages: PL SQL, SQL
- Runtime: node.js
- Business Intelligence: Cognos, Informatica
- Enterprise Search: Apache Solr, LucidWorks Fusion
- Methodologies: ITIL, SDLC