Imagine you are an independent small business owner. An employee clicks on a link in an e-mail and your whole computer system is encrypted b...
Imagine you are an independent small business owner. An employee clicks on a link in an e-mail and your whole computer system is encrypted by ransomware. The malicious actor demands a $500,000 ransom payment in the form of bitcoin in exchange for a decryption key. You realize you have been a victim of cyber extortion. What do you do?
Call your insurance company … and speak with a qualified Claims Examiner, who will assist in the investigation and resolution of this incident and mitigate any financial exposure.
The Tokio Marine HCC - Cyber & Professional Lines Group is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented Claims Examiner to join our growing Claims Department and manage claims on multiple lines of business, including Cyber Liability.
If you are looking to enhance your career in a fast-paced environment with an ever-expanding insurance company, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Claims team in our Encino, CA office.
The Cyber & Professional Lines Group, a member of Tokio Marine HCC, is a long-time industry leader, offering innovative insurance solutions including state-of-the-art Cyber Liability, Tech E&O, Employment Practices, and a broad range of professional liability coverage for businesses throughout the United States.
This position involves interpretation of coverage and requires collaboration with and management of outside vendors and counsel in analyzing and resolving claims within designated limits of authority. The Claims Examiner is responsible for investigating and analyzing liability and damages exposure, drafting and issuance of coverage position letters, and development of strategies for resolution of claims under applicable insurance policies. The Claims Examiner is also responsible for determination of probable loss exposure and establishment of reserves, as well as maintenance of claim files and documents in accordance with Company policy and procedure. This individual will report directly to the Reinsurance Claims Manager and will work claims with supervision from his or her desk. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, analytical, customer-service oriented and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Gain understanding of the insurance policies and department procedures and systems: During the first 60 to 90 days, understand how the claims department operates within the Tokio Marine HCC structure through direct training and interactions with different claims staff, underwriters, brokers and carrier-clients. Be able to navigate the claims systems and claims of limited complexity and exposure. Prioritize multiple competing tasks within strict deadlines.
2. Be proficient in insured/broker communications and develop skills needed to work independently: During the first 60 to 90 days, develop confidence in contacting insureds, performing independent investigations, and communicating the Company's coverage position, with an emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. Be able to manage all aspects of a growing inventory of claims while working more independently.
3. Succeed in an independent working environment: Within 12 months, work independently drafting own coverage letters, completing authority requests when needed, and resolve claims as appropriate within defined authority with limited management oversight.
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree or the equivalent education and experience.
* Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a professional office setting.
* Minimum of two (2) years of relevant insurance or claims handling experience preferred.
* Intermediate proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, managing time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Ability to conduct oneself professionally in varied business settings.
Travel Expectations (if applicable)
* Travel up to 10% may be required.
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary, generous benefits program, matching 401(k), and a supportive working environment. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit for more information about our companies.