Imagine you are an independent small business owner. An employee clicks on a link in an e-mail and your whole computer system is encrypted by ransomware. The malicious actor demands a $500,000 ransom payment in the form of bitcoin in exchange for a decryption key. You realize you have been a victim of cyber extortion. What do you do?
Call your insurance company … and speak with a qualified Claims Assistant, who will assist in the investigation and resolution of this incident and mitigate any financial exposure.
The Cyber & Professional Lines Group, a member of Tokio Marine HCC, is a long-time industry leader, offering innovative insurance solutions including state-of-the-art Cyber Liability, Tech E&O, Employment Practices, and a broad range of professional liability coverage for businesses throughout the United States.Position Summary:Under immediate supervision, performs a variety of primarily routine tasks associated with the processing of claims and the maintenance of associated records
Relying on standardized instructions and pre-established guidelines, the Claims Assistant I is responsible for accomplishing the following as guided by others. These assignments are routine in nature.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Perform initial and ongoing claims processing including setting up claims files, performing data entry, scanning documents, and preparing loss runs.
- Respond to and contact claimants, insured, and other related parties to obtain and relay basic information concerning the claim process.
- Draft, prepare, and process various types of correspondence including acknowledgement of new claims, coverage position letters, indemnity/expense checks, etc.
- Perform incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Assist other claims personnel as needed during the claims process including setting up claim files or other associated tasks.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, filing, answering phones, and operating departmental office equipment.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable steps to safeguard company assets against waste, loss, unauthorized use, and misappropriation.
- Report breakdown in controls to a supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to two years of relevant general clerical experience
- Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary, generous benefits program, matching 401(k), and a supportive working environment. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit for more information about our companies.