J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institu...
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
J.P. Morgan is the largest derivatives clearing provider globally based on client assets and processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily for institutional clients including Banks, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Corporates, Utility Companies, Oil Companies & Food Companies.
Global Clearing Operations supports the Firm's Futures, Options and Cleared Swaps business through its network of regional teams in US, Argentina, UK, India and Singapore. Our regional teams work closely on a daily basis to provide operational support and directly engage our institutional clients to help maintain J.P. Morgan's lead in the industry. In Chicago, our footprint includes trade clearing, a strategic transformation team, trade support/client services and margin teams.
The Reporting & Analytics Sr Associate position within the client margin function provides global exposure to the cleared derivatives business including the opportunity to work on industry leading FinTech initiatives facing clients and exchanges and the opportunity to explore the Firm's robotics, AI and automation solutions to extract critical insights from client behavior and transactional data. It requires an inquisitive mind and the drive to critically assess information, identify issues and to establish lasting solutions in view of business priorities and firm-wide objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities
* Manage MIS production / management & regulatory reporting (e.g. aged margin calls, executive commentary)
* Track and coordinate the resolution of margin account discrepancies and exceptions
* Coordinate with regional teams in the UK, Singapore and Buenos Aires on handover tasks and reporting
* Build and leverage relationships across Sales/RM, Compliance, Technology and Operations
* Improve service offerings through process re-engineering in view of operational and regulatory factors
* Develop analytics to identify opportunities by synthesizing client behavior, margin balances, exceptions and revenue data
* Build, populate, and maintain interactive dashboards using Alteryx, Tableau and RPA solutions
* Monitor developments in the cleared derivatives industry and communicate relevant points to management
* Become a subject matter expert in client margin for MIS reporting and audits/regulatory examinations
* Project work (Regulatory, Strategic/Platform, Exchange/Product onboarding, AI/Blockchain implementations)
Skills and Qualifications
* Working knowledge F&O/OTC Cleared Swaps business and operations preferred
* Self-starter with ability to use initiative and work independently
* Ownership mentality
* Operate effectively under pressure and perform multiple responsibilities throughout the day such as switching between daily tasks, answering questions, collaborating across functions/regions, and designing/coding
* Identify and design solutions to improve client experience while driving capacity gain, efficiency and controls
* Summarize complex information for different audiences including tech developers and senior executives
* Experience in managing and synthesizing large data sets required
* Experience designing data visualizations and analytics (Tableau, Qlik, etc) required
* Experience designing workflow automation (Alteryx, Xceptor, etc) required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.