Well-funded, Los Angeles-based start-up is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Our company is disrupting a multi-billion dollar global...
Well-funded, Los Angeles-based start-up is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Our company is disrupting a multi-billion dollar global industry by providing innovative SaaS tools, and offering a technology infrastructure platform, to our partners. While we are in stealth mode, we would prefer to provide specifics - and answer questions - about our company only to select applicants.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CTO will be responsible for oversight of our short and long-term technical strategy, and providing high-level, forward-thinking vision. This person will perpetually refine, redefine (as necessary), and lend support to all aspects of the company's technological development. The ideal candidate is a technical leader with demonstrable expertise in leading and managing the creation of first-in-class digital products, including a full SaaS development cycle. This person must have robust experience working, and familiarity with blockchain products.
The CTO will work across all key departments to attain the company's strategic goals, including setting business requirements, assessing and improving application architecture, and ensuring the implementation of market-leading design. They will communicate with staff, executives, and customers to ensure the company's technologies are used appropriately and optimally.
Proven experience packaging open source technology for use within enterprise and/or consumer applications is essential, as is the ability to effectively translate technical terminology to all stakeholders. This person should be visionary, understand industry-wide best practices and current innovations, and display credibility and excitement - particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding team.
- Provide strategic guidance of all technology-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company's future growth and profitability
- Evaluate and evolve current application architecture, handle verification and validation of mission critical software, and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. (This could include a product rebuild if deemed necessary.)
- Oversee hiring of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resource, etc.)
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company's KPIs, mission and values
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures
- Lead writing and management of software related documentation
- Devise an application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting server infrastructure
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research especially those within the ticketing and blockchain industries, explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Recent demonstrated experience building and managing world-class technology platforms using open source software solutions; providing cloud-based SaaS solutions and professional services to enterprise clients (B2B)
- Proficiency in at least one mobile application development framework, including React Native, SWIFT, or JAVA
- Familiarity with cryptographic key management and blockchain protocols (Ethereum is a plus)
- Experience building hybrid and native mobile applications, and launching/taking commercial mobile apps to market
- First-hand knowledge and experience working in a significant aspect of the event ticketing space
- Superb communication skills and experience working with remote team members
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- BS in related field and at least 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related field with 10 years experience, 5 of which must be managerial and strategic.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- provided by Dice