What You'll Do
The WebEx Operations Team is seeking a Senior Cassandra & Postgres DBA. In this role you will be the Cassandra subject matte...
What You'll Do
The WebEx Operations Team is seeking a Senior Cassandra & Postgres DBA. In this role you will be the Cassandra subject matter expert and provide support for the current variant data stores and production environments. The current data store also includes Oracle RAC 11g (200+ Instances), Cassandra and Postgres, Redis in our data center.
- Design, deploy, and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra DB solutions for high volume applications.
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance of all database components.
- Integrate Cassandra database with other application components.
- Assist in the migration of existing database applications from SQL to Cassandra DB;
- Troubleshoot database issues and performance bottlenecks
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to deliver robust, quality, on-time solutions.
- Troubleshoot database issues and performance bottlenecks;
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions;
Who You'll Work With?
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a one-billion dollar ($1B) business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users. CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry spotlight that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
Who You Are
We are seeking a Senior Database Administrator who has a strong background in working in large scale high availability production environments with full life cycle database management expertise including planning, tuning, installation, configuration, migration, monitoring, troubleshooting and backup & recovery.
Other minimum requirements including the following;
- A BS/EE/CS Degree and a minimum of 6-7 years of DBA experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of Cassandra DBA experience in a large scale production environment
- Good Cassandra Data Modeling.
- Ansible and Python for Automation
- Previous experience in the design and deployment of Cassandra database solutions in support of high volume applications
- A minimum of 1+ years of Postgres / MySQL experience is preferred.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Good to have MySQL or PostgreSQL Experience
- Experience working on geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communicator and Agile software development practices
- Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, and have learning agility
- Ready to rock and build an amazing product
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
*LI-PC1 - provided by Dice