US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group is engaged with a cross functional team of Medical, Regulatory, Market Access, Comme...
US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group is engaged with a cross functional team of Medical, Regulatory, Market Access, Commercial and HEOR to develop solutions that address unmet needs of external stakeholders. The role will be part of Commercial BTS and will be vertically aligned with Commercial Revenue Management organization. The Commercial Revenue Management Business Systems Consultant provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Assists management team with Digital framework, LRP, roadmap designs and solutions development and implementation. Identify and drive opportunities for system efficiencies and effectiveness around process, analytics and data quality management.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of technology products and services.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training. makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTS organizations to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other BTS organizations to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, Computer Science preferred
- 10-12 years of related work experience.
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem
- Experience with offshore/onshore/near shore resources
- Knowledge of Data warehousing and business analytics principles.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and master new technologies such as Machine Learning, AI, Blockchain, etc.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably commercial revenue management around Sales, Chargebacks, Rebates, Government pricing, etc.
- Experience working on Model N, Vistex, other packaged solutions in commercial revenue management business area a definite plus.