OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of a...
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH.
FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. As the Business Analyst within the Production and Post-Production and Technology group, you will fill a critical role in helping to manage how technology products are used within the business, and how projects are created, managed, and documented within FOX Entertainment. Your great communication skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships are very important, and the ability to work across projects is critical for department success. You are responsible for creating media workflows, defining strategies, and solving problems by working with business users, vendors, and technology partners across FOX.
We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. An endless curiosity of how things work, an appreciation for visual documentation, and a strong understanding of what "customer service" actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is beneficial, along with a sense of humor.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX Entertainment. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and maintain the documentation of how tools, products, and systems are used in the business today, through the creation of visual diagrams to easily explain it to others
* Assist in the creation, development, tracking of projects, including software installations, configuration changes, feature enhancements, data migration efforts, and more
* Work to solve problems by users, by understanding issues, capturing details, explaining the problem to others, and working with teams to resolve the issues for users
* Assist in the discovery, research, and selection of products, tools, and services used within the production, post-production, and marketing business processes today
* Support the product management activities by identifying and documenting use cases, key features, pros and cons, end-user feedback, and feature requests for various products
* Participate and build support for initiatives, projects, and planning sessions with senior leadership, internal business groups, third-party vendors, and partners of FOX
* Assist with end-user support by triaging tickets, managing open tickets, fixing account issues, management of helpdesk reporting, and following up with others in the team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, occupation, or role focused on product management, project management, consulting, or technology operations
* Knowledge and or prior usage of common collaboration tools including but not limited to Lucidchart, Smartsheets, Salesforce, Slack, and Atlassian products Jira & Confluence
* Bonus if you have experience with production and post-production workflows and tools
* Ability to work across multiple projects throughout your day, with a good understanding of how to prioritize the tasks and activities you are working on
* Effective communication and presentation skills appropriate for interaction with others
* Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and well organized
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Project management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field; equivalent experience may offset preference for degree
* You care about your team and value setting up your team for success
* You appreciate visual and written documentation that is well organized and easy to read
* You value diverse perspectives and welcome different approaches from others
* You can put yourself in the position of others, and understand the challenges they have
* You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done, but realize that change management just might be the biggest hurdle
* You have an entrepreneur's can-do spirit, and enjoy problem-solving
* You balance planning and doing, and know when to switch gears from one to the other
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.