BSA/AML and Trading Operations Manager
We are a dynamic boutique investment bank at the forefront of the Blockchain, Crypt...
BSA/AML and Trading Operations Manager
We are a dynamic boutique investment bank at the forefront of the Blockchain, Cryptotcurrency, Finance, Cryptocurrency, and Technology. We are looking for a person to manage our back/middle office processes and be able to grow to assist across our sales. client relationship, compliance and trading areas. We need you to bring certain basics and we will look to help you grow and play a larger role over time, including the possibility of a full time position. Back/middle office work necessitates working with data from 20 exchanges and many clients involving thousands of trades. Knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets required. Work with our vendors and define sheets and reports that we need. Then build them in Google Sheets. This will be a key role supporting our new office expansion and building the core process infrastructure of the company. The individual will help build our trading compliance and operations function, develop the controls systems roadmap, and drive process improvement. As we build our team, we are open to part-time or contractor roles and will consider turning this into full-time opportunity over time.
We can establish office or you can work from home
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform trade confirmation, transmission, and settlement, cash and position reconciliation
- Track positions and reconcile with counterparty statements on a daily and monthly basis
- Work closely with the trading desk to process, review, and confirm orders
- Prepare wire instructions for funds transfers as necessary; liaise with bank operations at various counterparties and reconcile all cash and transaction receipts
- Identify, investigate and resolve trade, cash, and position issues
- Communicate with and monitor our external vendors (brokers, prime brokers, custodians, accountants, etc.) and internal partners
- Network with senior personnel internally and externally to resolve issues, gain needed information, and influence outcomes for team
- Work as an integral member on small team to learn roles dealing directly withlients through our sales and client relations desks
- As you acquire skills, work directly with clients and trading desk
Experience & Skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required with strong Excel skills
- 1-5 years of experience in portfolio accounting, operations, or middle office environment preferred but will consider all applicants
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Detailed-oriented, excellent interpersonal, analytical and judgment skills
- Undergraduate degree required
An attractive compensation package will be offered to an exceptional candidate. We are a great place to work with very ambitious and equally importantly, very team oriented and collegial individuals. We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Element is a full-service advisory firm for the digital token capital markets that delivers advisory, asset management, capital markets, and technology services in an integrative manner.
For our clients:
We advise clients on token economics
We help with complex project management
We deliver marketing insight
We bring thought leadership on structuring and process
We invest in big ideas
We help trade digital assets
People first: We know people that know people. We work to be your trusted advisor
Primary research: We do in-house research, analysis, and investment DD
Broad reach: We have partners in key markets: Mainland China, Europe, and Russia
Experienced team: We've done some of the leading deals in the space
Strong technical partners: We work with leaders in the smart contract development space and deliver custom solutions
In the market: We have the pulse of what buyers want
We are career long investment bankers that have seen technology and emerging markets cycles come and go. We believe in the decentralization ethos and see tokenized markets as a multi-trillion-dollar opportunity.