Fidelity Digital Asset Services (FDAS) has the mission to provide industry leading custody and execution services for the emerging class of ...
Fidelity Digital Asset Services (FDAS) has the mission to provide industry leading custody and execution services for the emerging class of digital assets, including Bitcoin and Ethereum, and other digital asset classes in the future such as stocks and bonds issued on public or private blockchains. You would be responsible for bringing new technologies on these networks to our technology stack as the ecosystem evolves. This might include new blockchains or assets issued on other blockchains, or new ways to use existing blockchains by adding second layers (Lightning/Plasma) or Sidechains.
This role is in Boston, MA
The Expertise We're Looking For
* A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Cryptography, or equivalent work experience
* Have practical experience developing on Blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin or Ethereum
* Experience working with cryptographic protocols
* Prior work on Blockchain platforms like Bitcoin, Ethereum or private blockchains (not required, but a plus)
* Contributions to open source projects (especially Blockchain-related ones)
The Purpose of Your Role
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to develop financial applications using Blockchain technologies like Bitcoin, Ethereum or other leading private blockchain solutions.
The Skills You Bring
* Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Bitcoin or Ethereum
* Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Have a passion for public blockchain development or private distributed ledgers
* Have an adversarial mindset: be just as good at breaking code as creating it
* Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints (Agile)
* Have a collaborative mind set and enjoy sharing knowledge with other developers
* Knowledge or experience with technologies using state channels, payment channels, or sidechains a plus
The Value You Deliver
* Create wallet software and integrations for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and digital assets on their respective networks
* Write Bitcoin scripts and Ethereum smart contracts
* Rapidly develop enterprise software applications and platforms using Blockchain technologies
* Provide technical leadership on Blockchain technologies
* Work across peer groups to develop Blockchain solutions for the business
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.