Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you ge...
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join a highly talented team of software engineers pushing the envelope of blockchain technology.
The blockchain platform team at Optum is seeking passionate individuals who are eager to make a mark with emerging technology and to deliver the next generation of healthcare technology.
You will be a core member of our cross functional polyglot team, working the full stack and to help define the platform and strategy.
- Design and implement software components/protocols to enable distributed ledger technology applicable to the business
- Design and build blockchain utilities and tools
- Implement business use cases with blockchain technology
- Collaborate with coworkers and establish best practices
- Present to colleagues within the enterprise and/or community to share ideas and learning's
- 4+ years of experience as software development engineer or equivalent hands on experience producing code for production systems
- Experience using public cloud providers, AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with *nix type systems like: Unix, Linux, OS X
- Experience with Ethereum or other blockchain protocols
- Familiarity with version control software. Git or SVN
- Experience with PKI
- Experience with container platforms such as Docker
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Experience with Solidity
- Experience developing smart contracts
- Knowledge of consensus algorithms
- Advanced experience with GoLang ( Go )
- Experience with functional languages such as Haskell, Lisp
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.