Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is hiring software engineers. Founded by three cyber-security engineers in 2014, its mission is to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we're looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
We are looking for talented engineers to manage our wallet development. You will be responsible for managing our Linux instances running on Azure and the associated server daemons required to support all wallet activities for our customer base.
As a Wallet Engineer, your primary goal is ensuring the security, health, and correct functioning of our interface to the blockchains that power the currencies traded on Bittrex. You must be well versed on Linux systems, in secure Azure infrastructure design, scripting, and general engineering expertise. You need excellent troubleshooting skills as well as experience working on complex projects. You will need to be comfortable working autonomously and willing to research and develop solutions.
In this role, you will be part of the engineering organization and will collaborate on projects with all local and remote teams. In keeping with the engineering discipline, you will be expected to find ways to automate deployment and monitoring of the wallet environment, removing barriers impeding issue discovery, investigation, and resolution.
Strong object-oriented design skills
- We are building systems and wallet infrastructure that must be intuitively designed, maintainable and extensible to keep up with the rapid growth of the blockchain ecosystem.
- C# experience is ideal, but other object-oriented languages are valued (eg, Java, C++).
Practical experience with relational databases
- SQL Server Design, querying, use of stored procedures, etc.
Understanding of service-oriented architecture
- We interface with hundreds of Wallet services and need to have good understanding of RESTful services
- Sharding, service availability, throttling, data loss prevention, etc. all will become increasingly important as we improve our infrastructure for a growing user base.
Experience with cloud technologies
- Azure preferred, but also (e.g. AWS)
- Need to understand how to configure and use containers and VMs for isolated execution environments
Development on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Windows development (including use of Visual Studio toolset) important
- Proficiency with Linux and GNU tools highly desired for Wallet node setup, testing, etc.
- Experience in building secure software systems (penetration testing, threat modeling, etc.)
- Blockchain experience (blockchain APIs, consensus techniques, smart contracts, etc.)
- Linux security & performance tuning
- Creating, managing, and monitoring LxC and Docker containers
- Designing secure infrastructure in Azure
- Troubleshooting infrastructure and platform issues
- Proven work experience as a Linux systems engineer with more than 3 years of relevant experience
- Engineering experience with Azure infrastructure
- Configuration and engineering experience with LxC and Docker containers
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Team player with good sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area is preferred
- 3-5 years professional software engineering experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency wallets is preferred
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.