Are you an experienced engineer looking to challenge yourself building something much more complex than another app? Do you want to work alo...
Are you an experienced engineer looking to challenge yourself building something much more complex than another app? Do you want to work alongside a top-tier team solving societal-level problems?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build a new way for institutions and consumers to securely share credit and identity on the blockchain. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing frontend and backend components, integrating into our infrastructure and helping build the underlying blockchain infrastructure.
We are creating both a new blockchain platform and the surrounding ecosystem of applications. You may work on one or both sides of the business and interact directly with industry partners.
You should be fluent in a modern development framework, like Django, Ruby on Rails, or React, and have familiarity with the concepts behind blockchain applications. A prior background in FinTech, fraud or credit is a plus.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will craft a decentralized solution to a typically centralized problem from the ground up
- You will develop the back-end and front-end components of the network
- You will design decentralized apps and API's to handle sensitive and confidential identity and credit data
- You will maintain a well-tested codebase with continuous integration and coverage reporting
- You will champion an atmosphere of open-source contribution and code collaboration
- You are excited to join an early stage startup and comfortable handling multiple roles
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 4+ years of experience in a full-stack environment and a strong understanding of a web development language like Python, Go, or Ruby
- You have a solid academic background in networking, relational databases, and operating systems, including a computer science degree or equivalent
- You have owned the creation and consumption of production API's
- You are fascinated by the technology behind blockchain and consensus algorithms
- You are self-directed and willing to help scale and define the team, dev culture, and tech process
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL):
- You have industry experience in blockchain development (e.g., Ethereum, Solidity, truffle, bitcoin contracts, etc.)
- You are an active contributor to open-source projects
- An understanding of applied cryptographic principles (asymmetric versus symmetric encryption, digital signatures, hashing, message authentication)
- Previous experience in FinTech, including fraud, payments and credit
- You have experience with complex deployment pipelines using tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- You wield a strong knowledge of a front-end framework like React, Angular.js, etc.
Consultant | Technology
- provided by Dice Blockchain, Django, Ruby on Rails, React, FinTech, Decentralized, Python, Go, GoLang, Ethereum, Solidity, truffle, bitcoin contracts, smart contracts, open-source, Chef, Kubernetes, Docker, Angular.js