Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most n...
Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working with partners like Protocol Labs and a rapidly growing open source community?
3Box Labs is advancing a more open web by liberating information from silos and rebuilding trusted relationships between users, apps, and data. We created the leading identity and data solution for Web3, and alongside our open-source developer community, we're approaching the launch of Ceramic Network. We have huge and novel challenges ahead. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
As our first Blockchain Engineer, you will lead engineering, implementation, and optimization of the Ceramic Blockchain and contribute to the overall cryptoeconomic design of the network.
- Evaluate and implement cutting edge cryptographic data structures, such as HAMTs, Verkle trees, and Merkle tree variations
- Create a solid architecture for the software implementation of the Ceramic blockchain, making proper tradeoffs between scalability, feasibility, and complexity
- Evaluate and implement cutting edge cryptographic primitives such as BLS signatures and ZKPs
- Draw on existing blockchain frameworks, modules, and implementations such as Substrate, Cosmos, Filecoin, and Ethereum
- Optimize low level networking to suite our needs (libp2p)
- Keep up to date with developments and research in the broader blockchain ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with the Ceramic core protocol team
- Produce accessible documentation that make it easy for new developers to dive into the Ceramic code base
You are likely a great candidate if you have..
- Experience implementing an L1 blockchain
- A deep drive to build resilient software systems
- Knowledge of p2p database systems
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Attention to detail during design and execution - you don't let small tasks slip
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.