Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying tech...
Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
The Blockchain Data Analyst will be focused on the analysis of Blockchain data in order to gain insight on the larger Blockchain ecosystem and apply those insights to trading strategies. This person will also be instrumental in the development and enhancement of a proprietary research analytics platform.
* Interpret and analyze Blockchain data
* Leverage existing data analytics tools and skillsets to display blockchain transactional data
* Help design and implement the architecture needed to house necessary data
* Partner closely with senior management on strategic projects across the company
* Work with various stakeholders and serve as an internal subject matter expert
Required Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience working with database frameworks such as SQL or Hadoop and/or programming languages such as Python, C++, Java
* Previous experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop
* Previous experience working on cryptoassets initiatives in a development capacity
* 3+ years of experience working in a data analytics-focused role
* Strong knowledge of data structures and relational databases
* Blockchain experience/knowledge a big plus
* Ability to understand new concepts and work in a fast-paced environment
* A positive, team-player attitude
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field; advanced degree preferred
Bonus Points for:
* Previous exposure to blockchain analytics platforms such as Chainalysis, Elliptic, or Crystal Blockchain
* Previous experience at a financial institution, fintech firm or high growth company
* A passion for cryptoassets and the role they play in global markets
* Previous experience with database technologies such as Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Neo4j