The Blockchain Analyst is part of Pfizer's Digital Innovation Lab where new ideas are catalyzed into transformational digital ...
The Blockchain Analyst is part of Pfizer's Digital Innovation Lab where new ideas are catalyzed into transformational digital capabilities. The Blockchain Analyst will join our Blockchain CoE to help discover 'best fit' opportunities for leveraging this emerging technology and contribute to the delivery of innovative solutions. The role will monitor the external environment, identifying promising blockchain opportunities with external innovators and industry consortia, and then work with internal teams to scope and execute experiments, pilots, and production implementations. The selected candidate will have a deep interest in blockchain technology and be an agile learner, displaying resourcefulness in researching, learning, and applying blockchain technology.
* Monitor external environment for new developments in blockchain technology, collaboration opportunities (e.g., consortium), and use cases.
* Perform ad hoc research and prepare briefings on a diverse set of topics related to blockchain innovation - e.g., emerging technical trends, governance advances and business value realization
* Lead efforts to identify and evaluate potential blockchain use cases. Provide expert evaluation of the organizational and technical prerequisites for successful blockchain innovation
* Lead technical and functional requirement elicitation and documentation in support of prioritized blockchain use cases. Leverage agile techniques including user stories, epics, story points, etc.
* Work with solution delivery teams (internal or external) to ensure requirements are met and business outcomes achieved
* Build internal awareness and understanding of blockchain's potential value through educational programs (e.g., Digital Bootcamps, Poster Sessions, etc.)
* MINIMUM: BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics
* Minimum of 7+ years of experience in consulting, tech start-up, product management or IT
* 5+ years Project Management or Business Analysis experience and proven track record on delivering complex projects.
* Awareness of blockchain platforms and technologies (e.g., Enterprise Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, Corda) and their potential use in healthcare & life sciences
* Awareness of blockchain design decisions (on-chain vs. off-chain, public network vs. permissioned network, etc.)
* Desired (not required): first-hand experience implementing blockchain technology in an experiment or project
* Experience working with emerging technology and performing 'fit analysis' to identify opportunity areas
* Working in large, geographically dispersed, matrixed teams
* Track record delivering complex programs within budget, time, scope, quality
* Authoring research reports, business cases, process diagrams
* As role is enterprise in scope, having experience in multiple Life Sciences domains is desired (not required) - e.g., R&D, GPD, Commercial, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
* Deep intellectual curiosity - wants to understand how things work, and how they can be improved
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Ability to orchestrate initiatives that span multiple companies and countries
* Ability to distill complex information into easily communicated concepts
* Pfizer Business Lines: will partner to understand business strategy and potential areas that would benefit from digital innovation
* Digital Client Partners: will partner to understand Digital priorities and collaborate on opportunity areas.
* Digital Creation Centers: will partner to understand current state and plan for technology adoption
* External Consortia: will partner on blockchain experiments being governed through ecosystem consortia
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Flexibility for occasional business travel is required
Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/13/2021
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech