Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the...
Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the business' focus on embracing the most cutting-edge innovations combined with expert knowledge and technical expertise has allowed Synechron to reach $500+ million in annual revenue, 8,000 employees and 18 offices worldwide. Synechron is agile enough to invest R&D into the latest technologies to help financial services firms stand at the cutting-edge of innovation; yet, also large enough to scale any global project. Learn more at:
Synechron draws on over 15 years of financial services IT consulting experience to provide expert systems integration expertise and technical development work in highly-complex areas within financial services. This includes: Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Application Development & Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Management, Data & Analytics and Cloud Computing. Synechron is one of the world's leading systems integrators for specialist technology solutions including: Murex, Calypso, Pega, and others and also provides traditional offshoring capabilities with off-shore development centres located in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai as well as near-shoring capabilities for European banks with development centres in Serbia. Synechron's technology team works with traditional technologies and platforms like Java, C++, Python, and others as well as the most cutting-edge technologies from blockchain to artificial intelligence. Learn more at:
Synechron on behalf of our client a leading financial corporation is seeking for Bigdata/ Hadoop Architect in financial services space in Charlotte, NC.
- Develop new reference architecture and service mode.
- Lead designers and other developers in the team to guide them and help providing right technical solutions to the business.
- Set up the Cloudera platform and various tools (Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Spark).
- Create Hive tables and Impala metadata to access the data from HDFS.
- Lead Big Data projects for client
- Must be flexible enough to co-ordinate between multiple teams onsite/offshore.
- Hadoop HDFS
- ETL Staging & Load for legacy systems
- S3 as Object data store where possible (evaluate Scality or Hitachi)
Operational & Reporting Data Marts:
- Shared HDFS storage for all Data Marts
- S3 for Object data stores where applicable, especially for supporting OLTP or CRUD application capabilities
- Apache Parquet or ORC for Columnar data stores
- Apache Spark for data processing - Scala, Python or Java
- Apache Spark for data access through Spark SQL, Data Frames
- Dedicated Spark clusters for each Data Mart. The capacity of the cluster is sized based on the usage of the Data Mart.
- Oracle or SQL Server for legacy Data Marts
- HTML5 for UI
- OBIEE for standard reporting
- Tableau for self-service reporting
- provided by Dice Bigdata, Hadoop, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, HDFS, Scality, ETL, Scala, Data Mart, Pythin, SQL Server