Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do busine...
Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers - including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
Seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Software Engineer in Test to join the firm's QA team. In order to be considered for the role you must have 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or an SDET. The Software Engineer in Test will collaborate closely with the Development team while utilizing strong automation and test skills in an Agile environment.
- Developing and Architect scalable and reusable test processes and automation frameworks
- Creating, Maintaining and Executing test scripts for Functional, System, Regression, Integration and Performance test projects leveraging tools such as Protractor, Selenium, HP QTP, Unix Shell and SQL
- Analyzing test results, tracing issues and tracking defects using JIRA
- Working closely with Development and other QA team members, continuously analyzing ways to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Communicating progress and issues efficiently within an Agile process
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or an SDET.
- 4+ years of experience in a QA Automation Engineer role, creating and enhancing automation test frameworks/environments using a variety of tools such as Protractor, Selenium, HP QTP, UNIX scripting, REST Api and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.
- Strong understanding of quality practices and ability to apply proven QA techniques including requirement traceability, boundary value analysis and application stability/usability
- Practical knowledge of agile processes (i.e. scrum)
- Experience working with various test development and test management tools (including open source)
- Knowledge of source control tools such as Git
- Experience developing automation frameworks for web applications.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- White box testing experience
- Mobile Test Automation
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred