***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due...
***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.***
What You'll Do
As a Data Infrastructure Engineer of the Data Platform and Infrastructure Engineering team, you will have an outstanding opportunity to use your technical expertise and creativity in Big Data to design, develop and innovative a global data analytics platform.
We are seeking a talented, ambitious, and highly creative software engineer to join our team to continue to evolve our big data platform.
Who You'll Work With
- Work with team to build big data platform, deliver task with good quality, establish a data platform for the entire Cisco Collaboration solution.
- Work on our large-scale and across geography data platform, design, build, manage and monitor them.
- Work closely with global team on engagements by estimating the complexity and duration of technical tasks.
Webex is a $1B+ business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
Webex's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B+ product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!Who You Are
Have a good understanding of Big Data platform components such as HDFS and its eco-systems. Familiar with data analytics best practices, including at least 2 categories of knowledge below:
- Hadoop/ELK administration - Contribute to the evolving architecture to meet growth requirements for scaling, reliability, performance and security.
- Data governance - experienced in developing and integrating software allowing for flexible and scalable data transformation with data quality controls.
- Data analytics -backgrounds in statistics, machine learning and similar technologies.
- Data visualization - knowledge of tools that are cost-effective and make it easy for end users to better understand and produce reports and graphs.
We Are Cisco
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years hands-on experienced in Hadoop, ELK, Qlik, Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Spark etc
- Proficient in Java/Python/Puppet/Chef
- Able to leverage automation frameworks such as Windows Powershell or puppet for deployment and test automation
- Flexible, Self-motivated, Problem solver who can work both individually as well as an effective team player with excellent attention to detail and great interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Be willing/able to work across boundary to reach the best solution in world class cloud services.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
*LI-PC1 - provided by Dice