What You Will Be Doing:
As a Big Data Developer I, you will be leading the effort to develop, enhance, and support applications in a fast-paced development environment,while working with senior members of the staff on medium to large sized projects in a diverse range of topics. On this team, you will be maintaining and modernizing our existing systems as well as working on new applications. You will support existing streaming platform, data pipelines, as well as data services. You will be exposed to technology such as streaming data as a service, micro-services architecture, Event and Domain Based Design, and API Gateways. You will troubleshoot issues as they occur, while developing new streaming modules across multiple small to medium projects concurrently.
Working in our collaborative environment you will have the opportunity to further develop your skills while acting as a mentor and guiding a team ofsoftware engineers on development best practices and ensure code quality through code reviews.
- Act as the primary contact and lead support associate for one or more critical applications and processes, resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Play a critical role in supporting the application lifecycle based on detailed requirements and guidance from senior engineers/architects and management
- Collaborate with technical/business leaders and product owners to acquire and understand requirements / acceptance criteria
- Support GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) aspects of digital technologies
- Design schema and create models to enable real time analytics
- Participate in Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews and gain buy in from cross-functional teams including QA, Architect, Security, Webmaster and Operations
- Effectively document systems, software architecture and processes
- Write unit / UI tests to identify defects and leverage CI/CD for building and deploying code
- Triage productionissues and work with multiple teams to perform problem analysis
- Lead the backend database design effort and where applicable collaborate with product owners and designers on UI/UX design
- Assign projects and review deliverables from onshore and offshore software engineers
- Provide constructive input to department management regarding team members assigned to project
- Participate in the hiring process toassist in assessing candidate technical skills and independently conduct new hire interviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 8-10 years' experience with appropriate programming languages such as Java and Python requierd
- 3+ years' experience in building and deploying solutions to big data problems with various technologies and architectures required
- 1-2 years' experience working with Agile teams required
- Knowledge of technical project management required
- Experience with MySQL, In Memory databases, AWS (Cloud Engineering, Cloud Architecture) AI/ML, and Blockchain preferred
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them in software development
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Expert knowledge of the full system development lifecycle
- Ability to work independently and direct work to other team members
- Expert knowledge of relational database design and implementation
- Ability to estimate and lead medium to large sized projects
- Ability to research emerging software development frameworks and tools
- Experience in DevOps Tools and automation
- Understanding of on premise and Cloud network architectures
- Ability and desire to learn new tech stacks, languages, methods etc.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.