Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporation...
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Big Data Developer for our client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Garden City, New York/ Basking Ridge, NJ and other client locations as well.
Role: Big Data Developer
Primary Skills: Big Data
Role Description: The Big Data Developer would need to have at least 6+ years of experience.
What you ll be doing...
- You will be part of a new Data Science team, ensuring that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and even better customer experience.
- As a Data Analytics/Predictive Strategy/Data Science team member you will build data models, perform analytics and grow with us as we spin up new services to better serve our customers
- You will be responsible for documenting processes and workflows, data mining and analytics, and engaging with auditors to facilitate the assurance of key metrics.
- Analyzing, summarizing and consolidating a wide variety of data into cohesive reporting.
- Collecting, validating and calculating data from multiple sites and systems for internal and external reporting.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the business to collect and aggregate key data.
- Developing and/or collecting supporting documentation for reporting requirements.
- Continuously improving the management of key data to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed and a strong internal controls environment is maintained.
- Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
- Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
- Defining and driving the analytics strategy and modeling approaches.
- Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
What we re looking for...
- You re a motivated self-starter.
- You are a master at analyzing big data.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day.
- You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments.
- Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
- You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you communicate what you ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You'll Need to Have:
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Tableau, SPLUNK or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Strong understanding of database concepts (MS SQL, generic SQL, etc.)
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data lake technology (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Experience with general-purpose programming languages (Java, .Net, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with visual science/dashboard design principles.
- Project management skills, with a technology focus.
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with data management, architecture, analysis, and visualization, or related experience.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, ETL, data mining and segmentation techniques
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Business, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Economics.
- Capability to engage and influence large teams and functional leaders.
- Experience in Salesforce; Clouds, Einstein, Lightning
- Knowledge of RPA and BlockChain technologies.
- Experience in creating and executing enterprise-wide processes and initiatives.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Project management and process development experience.
- Good understanding of third-party analytic tools.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Financial analysis background.
- Proven record of academic, professional and leadership achievement.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 6+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Siddharth Awasthi
Recruiter Phone: (Ext: 2034)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
- provided by Dice