PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Are you a passionate Backend/DevOps Engineer with deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various ...
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Are you a passionate Backend/DevOps Engineer with deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools? If you want to become a part of a dedicated team developing reliable backend technologies and new approaches for Brud's advancements into web3 and crypto/blockchain backed CG production methods we would love to talk with you. Become a leader at Brud and help us enable innovation at scale using our in-house systems and cloud-based technologies. Support our teams bringing your expertise to the forefront of AI and AR based projects with a particular focus on automation, animation and real time production. The team at Brud works within a flat technology organizational chart and allows room for decentralized, independent, decision-driven work.
- Create tools and APIs to communicate between backend databases and frontend tools
- Identify, assess and solve complex business and IT problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Be an active planner, developer and contributor to the overall system architecture
- Work closely and follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Interact with senior management on matters where in-depth information on different approaches is required to make informed decisions
- Use the latitude in decision-making to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Contribute to Brud's DevOps best practice development including asset creation and enterprise strategy definitions,
- Direct all aspects of continuous delivery implementation on Brud's systems build or application support projects
- Help create and update documentation explaining our processes and approach
- Support frontend teams with API's and Database access
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND STRENGTHS:
- Programming experience with tools such as Python, Go and Nodejs
- A must-have of knowledge of various backend tools, such as Redis, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, S3, Grafana, Prometheus, Ansible, Nginx
- 5 years of experience in managing application development, software delivery lifecycle, and/or infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum of 5 years experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment & management
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate across teams in person and virtually
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities under strict deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills and management skills.
- Ability to take on whole projects and see them through from ideation to deployment.
- Ability to grow and educate junior team members.
- Knowledge of traditional VFX or Game pipelines preferred
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Smoothly execute new IT and software implementations and evolve Brud's existing IT structure
- Take ownership of assigned projects and make suggestions for increased efficiency
- Early spotting of any potential IT or software release or deployment issues
- On time delivery of work to keep inter department work running smoothly
- Clear communication with team members, end users, and stakeholders