The Engineers working at Chainalysis work on systems that are the highest fidelity of risk data within a crypto business. Our job is to brin...
The Engineers working at Chainalysis work on systems that are the highest fidelity of risk data within a crypto business. Our job is to bring transparency to the cryptocurrency ecosystem and build trust on blockchains. To do that, we build systems that detect fraud in real-time.
The Data Networks team helps grow crypto by building trusted networks of transactions and people. An Associate Staff Engineer on this team thrives on not just designing and implementing complex systems but also operating and scaling them in production. They are a mentor who grows the skills of their teammates and rejoices in the ripple effects across the department. We measure our success by how well we enable our customers to fight crime and meet compliance regulations.
In one year you'll know you were successful if…
A Background Like This Helps
- You have successfully developed cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that handle gigabytes of data per day.
- You've built a scalable API service on AWS that handles thousands of requests per second.
- Our product suite has cutting-edge features that detect market manipulation, fraud, anomalous activity, and more.
- The team has clear production service level objectives (SLOs) and solutions to meet and monitor them.
- We've modernized our stack and moved to a streaming architecture.
- Your team has a well documented and ambitious 12-24 month tech vision.
- The other members of the team eagerly seek out your opinion on problems they are trying to solve.
- Previously designed and implemented cloud-native micro services based distributed systems.
- Experience building data pipelines and implementing event-driven architectures.
- Built and managed production applications using JVM stack and Postgres
- Experience in scaling/sharding of databases
- Built solutions for real world customer problems.
- Have a strong bias to ship.
- Although you enjoy making technical decisions, you take great joy in helping others make great decisions on their own.
- You have been both a successful mentor and mentee. You enjoy the coaching aspect of tech leadership.
- JVM expertise. We mostly use Java but also appreciate other languages.
- Have experience with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- You appreciate the importance of team culture and have been an active contributor to a culture that thrives on continuous improvement, respect and diversity of opinion
- Although not necessary, experience with Bitcoin or other digital currencies is a plus!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can't wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.