As a Associate Partner, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, ac...
As a Associate Partner, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking experienced Associate Partner, Multi-Cloud Consulting for our Cloud Application Migration Services (CAMS) Practice . We wish to add senior executive talent to help drive our market growth and shape new solutions which deliver end-to-end transformation for our clients. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex cloud-based transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses. The core of this role is the leadership, management, and improvements of the practice focused on working with clients' planning needs.
The Cloud Consulting team assumes the transformation of all or part of our clients' application portfolio and portions of infrastructure to the cloud in support of their digital transformation journey. IBM applies its deep business and technology skills, leading innovation and world-class business processes to help clients maximize benefit from leveraging Cloud capabilities in of the Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
Basic responsibilities of the Associate Partner candidate includes strong skills in Sales performing the activities that support and manage the ongoing development of their practice area and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of the engagement.
The Associate Partner, multi-cloud services uses their experience leading the design, sales, and implementation of cloud solutions to help their clients succeed in their journey to cloud. The associate partner is experienced in Microservices development or Migration to cloud, and has understanding of the current cloud solutions from industry leader IaaS and PaaS providers.
An Associate Partner assigned to this position is expected to have the experience and knowledge needed to help create and close new business opportunities, and be accountable for managing the financial success of that business. This requires that they be capable of understanding the services engagements in their area of expertise with a demonstrated mastery of the appropriate methods and skills needed to drive future revenue and client satisfaction
They must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and team members to achieve quick responses to client demands. This position requires the skills needed to win client trust and confidence leading to the acceptance of new proposals in a manner that supports and reinforces business objectives within their area of practice. They are expected to identify new business opportunities, lead the development of solutions supporting that opportunity, and to win that business for IBM.
When not participating in new business development or bid and proposal activity, the Associate Partner is expected to participate in ongoing billable client activities where follow-on efforts are visualized, participate in the resolution of critical situations, participate in related Sector, Solution Area, or Community activities, and monitor the health of the practice.
Accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under their direction. Defines criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of entering new marketplaces and geographies. Identifies, qualifies, assists, and manages the closing of new business. Develops lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients decision makers. Significantly influences client satisfaction with IBM through knowledge of industry, ability to articulate solution value, and services delivery. Directs the development new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets. Is expected to generate new sales typically in the range of $5M - $10M US annually and to oversee projects with an a annual revenue of $5M to $10M US annually.
* Perform activities that support and manage the ongoing development of the practice and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of engagements (from sales through solution design to delivery);
* Lead, perform and mentor on consulting engagement pursuits. This includes participating in client opportunity identification and qualification calls, understanding client needs and objectives, articulating and formulating solutions design for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs while managing delivery risk and working with the sales team through deal progression and signing;
* Engagement oversight. This includes following the Delivery Roadmap to successful project execution. This includes staffing consulting project teams, assisting project leadership (i.e., project manager or engagement leader) in defining or modifying project approach and structure as necessary, deliverables review and participation in key project events as appropriate to help ensure Delivery Excellence;
* Influence functional strategy;
* Services leadership and capability growth, and administrative and operational required activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Identify, validate and drive new Hybrid Cloud and MultiCloud opportunities in AWS or Azure or GCP
* Leverage knowledge & experience to design hybrid multi-cloud solutions which best meet the client's business needs;
* Maintain and grow familiarity and understanding of leading Iaas and PaaS environments from leading vendors such as AWS, Microsoft and IBM.
* Overlook delivery of projects within the practice to ensure smooth delivery that meets client and IBM objectives;
* Support the delivery of multi-cloud and hybrid cloud projects as executive thought leader ;
* Build and maintain an effective business relationship with the client's senior management team;
* Define, Plan & Execute capacity/recruitment and capability building programs within the practice.
* Direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Deep skills in Cloud Platform Architecture, Tools, and Migration approaches in one of the following Cloud Platforms : AWS or Azure or GCP
* Must be recognized as an expert in the marketplace within one of the Cloud platform above.
* Must have demonstrated sales experience and must have strong technical subject matter expertise through certification
* 2 to 5 years as an Associate Partner / Cloud Sales executive focused on Sales
* 10+ years of consulting experience in Canada and/or globally with working knowledge of key operations and/or systems;
* Demonstrated end-to-end application management solutioning in a cloud environment;
* Experience managing projects delivered through a globally integrated capability of onsite, nearshore, and offshore application management;
* Experience with Agile methods & DevOps;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Demonstrated strong communication skills, consultative, presence and leadership, and team leadership;
* Proven experience and knowledge needed to lead in the creation and closure of new business opportunities, accountable for managing the financial success of that business. They must have demonstrated strong teaming and conflict management skills at the highest levels working across lines of business and in client situations;
* Cross Industry knowledge.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements..... click apply for full job details