As an Associate Partner you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, ac...
As an Associate Partner you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Life Sciences Market Segment Accounts' Leader, IBM is looking for an executive in the pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology industries to address industry-specific business challenges. The Associate Partner will help develop and maintain trusted business relationships with existing and net-new client leaders and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the market. S/he will work on a full-time basis. Key responsibilities will include - developing client relationships and sales pipeline, value-based positioning, running pursuits and overall management of RFP responses, and developing, expanding and supporting differentiated capabilities and solution sets within the Life Sciences industry.
The ideal candidate should understand the challenges faced by the life science industry today in the commercial and/or R&D areas and will bring together IBM's unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, digital, experience, analytics, cognitive computing and AI, and technology platforms to position the value of high-impact transformation programs that differentiate us to clients and the industry. The candidate should possess deep understanding of at least two of; Commercial, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Patient Services, and R&D business processes, and the ability to lead discussions with Life Sciences client's decision-makers from businesses, digital, and IT and demonstrate:
* Deep understanding of disruptive strategies that create business value, such as new business models that bring ideas to life sciences and profitability increases for existing offerings, and optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services.
* An ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants and managers to deliver value and insights-based, decision-ready recommendations that inform the strategic agenda of our clients; as well as practical roadmaps and plans to invest in, allocate resources, execute, and manage strategic recommendations to enable clients to pivot to action, and realize impactful outcomes and value.
* Familiarity with digital and analytics solution, underpinned by human centered design, to drive commercial strategy, GTM, analytics, insights, and operations, brand launches, omnichannel, medical affairs, market access, clinical trials, patient insights / patient journey, and patient connectivity, and connected health.
* An ability to showcase growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities, including guiding and drawing from IBM research, IBM Watson health, industry and enterprise alliances and partners, and synthesizing evolving market trends.
* Passion to understand the applications of digital, emerging technologies, and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to drive positive outcomes and high value to client needs.
* The Associate Partner will be responsible to develop and lead successful GTM strategy and delivery in Life Sciences.
* The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities within the Life Science and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements.
* The Associate Partner will be responsible for developing lasting relationships based on mutual trust and respect with clients' decision-makers. Will direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new client business areas and markets.
* Ability to act as a trusted advisor to v-and-c-suites in selling and delivering Life Sciences use cases and solutions leveraging the transformative power of Digital, AI/ML, HX, and Cloud.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 10 years of progressive, post-graduate business experience with having a track record of achieving an individual sales quota of $10M+ annually
* At least 7 years experience in working in the Life Sciences Industry in the commercial and/or R&D areas.
* At least 5 years experience in driving digital strategy, transformation, and innovation for Life Science industry clients.
* Selling high-value engagements by nurturing client and prospect relationships and tailoring offerings to achieve client and business goals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 15+ years of progressive post-graduate business experience with having a track record of achieving an individual sales quota of $10M+ annually, relationships with industry leaders who view you as a trusted advisor, innovative thinker, and who demonstrate value.
* 10+ years experience in working in the Life Sciences Industry, with a track record of developing 5+ new accounts/growing existing ones.
* 7+ years experience in driving digital strategy, transformation, and innovation for Life Science industry clients.
* Selling high-value engagements by nurturing client and prospect relationships and tailoring offerings to achieve client and business goals.